·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
I know Audi is coming out with the Q7 based on the VW Touareg.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Audi Concept

Sugar - That is the Shooting Brake (I know - what a name!!):eek: concept. That is the first picture I have seen of it from the side. Everyone will have a Mo. Clone by the time all is said and done. Maybe it is time to move on to something else?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its not a crossover, its the new Audi TT concept. Audi calls it the shooting brake (a British term originally used for offroaders that hunters would take into the woods) but that is kind of a stretch (I would associate a shooting brake with an actual wagon or even a crossover, but not a 2 door hatchback).

But its still a very cool car. One thing we don't have much of in the US now are hot hatches. Nissan please build the Sport Compact Concept!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well they need to put a little more glass around it, currently it looks too heavy.
But yes, they are on to something here.
Looks like a little Murano and a little TT coupe.
That ain't all bad. :D

BTW Shooting Brake is what the limeys used to cal the old woody station wagons back when I was but a child.

Homer

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thanks for the explanations and

..clarifications...;)

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm....

"Maybe it is time to move on to something else?"

"One thing we don't have much of in the US now are hot hatches."

"Shooting Brake is what the limeys used to cal the old woody station wagons back when I was but a child."

"Handling, carrying capability and a 13 second quarter mile would be nice!"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:
Hmmm....

"Maybe it is time to move on to something else?"

"One thing we don't have much of in the US now are hot hatches."

"Shooting Brake is what the limeys used to cal the old woody station wagons back when I was but a child."

"Handling, carrying capability and a 13 second quarter mile would be nice!"
Jaak I think with 425hp, its more like "shoot, I shouldn't have braked!" when you get surprised by those flashing lights in the rear view mirror! :D

·
4,601 Posts
Don't you hate it when the gas pedal is stuck under the floor mat?

I'd never try to outrun a cop. Radios are faster than any car and when they catch you, it's more than just a speeding ticket.

But you know what they say about engines like that. Pass anything but a gas station!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:
Don't you hate it when the gas pedal is stuck under the floor mat?

I'd never try to outrun a cop. Radios are faster than any car and when they catch you, it's more than just a speeding ticket.

But you know what they say about engines like that. Pass anything but a gas station!
Oh I did not mean outrunning the cop. I meant having the highway patrol come up behind you, and the moment you see the cruiser you instinctively hit the brakes. To a cop, thats admission of speeding, and its at that moment the flashing lights will come on.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
IMO Ugly

G

·
4,601 Posts
Eric L. said:

Oh I did not mean outrunning the cop. I meant having the highway patrol come up behind you, and the moment you see the cruiser you instinctively hit the brakes. To a cop, thats admission of speeding, and its at that moment the flashing lights will come on.
Yeah, I like to pop it into Ds to slow it down, instead of the brakes.

Ugly? Yes, it does polarise people that way. I've seen the Murano do that too. I've got friends that rave about it, and others that go on about how ugly it is.

Interesting comment from another site:

"I forgot to add that with only 800 miles I still got 19.7MPG and I did not use the Cruise and was still pretty hard on it..

I took it out this morning to play some because I missed driving it... It handles really well, it does lean but sticks.. My current car that the SRT8 replaced is a 05 Infiniti G35 6 Speed with handles like nothing I have ever driven.. the Magnum shows it weight but I think it could hang with the G35..
I already used the rear too.. Had a Honda Generator and 5 Gallon gas can in there today..."

I always liked the G35...

Funny, I loved the Magnum when it came out, thought it was really hot. Then I saw the Charger and liked it. But over time, I'm back on the Magnum. However, I know that performance and handling will make me forget things. I fell in love with the 2000 Maxima, in spite of the taillights being hideous.

I remember standing in the dealership, looking at the backs of all of them, to pick the colour that made the taillights the least ugly looking. But I still got it and loved it!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jaak said:
...I remember standing in the dealership, looking at the backs of all of them, to pick the colour that made the taillights the least ugly looking....
I did that when I was trying to buy a Toyota Avalon. Looked at it and the Camry but none of the colors helped hide their ugly behinds so I ended up buying a 4-Runner!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts