Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been quoted between $18000 and $23500 as a trade in value on my 03 SL, loaded MO that has 12k miles in perfect condition. It listed for $34K when I bought it. Not that I would trade it, but I wanted to get an idea of how the value is holding up. I was freakin shocked!!! I'm looking at cars in the $45 to $55k range. Has anyone else gotten a quote??? I hope this isn't a trend.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ha! Try going to KBB.com

I looked-up the trade-in value on my '03 MO w/1065 miles. (I did this because my car got rear ended and has $14,000 in damage. :3: I was curious if I could try to convince the insurance company to total the car since there's some frame damage, but no luck.)

My trade in value for a 1 week old MO SE AWD w/every option (including NAV) as $28,650 per KBB, but we know that dealerships would probably give me less than that... probably closer to $25K

Oh well... bummer I can't get it totalled, but if it's put back together well, then I'll live with it until the wheels fall off of it.

Bob K.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trade in is always ugly. Dealers can make more on good trade ins vs. selling a new vehicle. Dont use that as an indicator though because it won't be accurate. Private sale is always the way to go, visit autotrader or is it traderonline and check prices in your area.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Dealer offered $3100 on dented and dinged 97 Chrysler T&C LXI w/65000 miles.
Told him I'ld rather burn it.
Sold to first caller on newspaper add for $7200.

I Never trade, but I always let them make an ass of them selves.
They are never satisfied making 1-2K. They have to more than double their money. And with so many people taking what they are offered on a trade in, they don't have to offer amything. They have a ready supply of late model trades ins that they have 30-40% in.

Actually, $23500 is not a bad number for your car.
You have to realize that the dealer buys wholesale and sells retail.
If you want retail (Probably about $26K) you will have to sell it yourself.

The BEST way to trade your car is to first make it two separate deals. That way, you know exactly what they are buying your car for, and you know exactly what you are paying for the new car.
After you get agreement on both prices THEN you trade in the car for the agreed price against the agreed price of the new car. This is best for tax purposes.

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Re: Ha! Try going to KBB.com

rtking said:
I looked-up the trade-in value on my '03 MO w/1065 miles. (I did this because my car got rear ended and has $14,000 in damage. :3: I was curious if I could try to convince the insurance company to total the car since there's some frame damage, but no luck.)

My trade in value for a 1 week old MO SE AWD w/every option (including NAV) as $28,650 per KBB, but we know that dealerships would probably give me less than that... probably closer to $25K

Oh well... bummer I can't get it totalled, but if it's put back together well, then I'll live with it until the wheels fall off of it.

Bob K.

advice....

i had a 2000 trooper that got t-boned at 80mph.... four months later, it was 'fixed' 13.5K to do it, plus rental fees.....

there were soooo many problems with that thing.... i dont even wanna begin........ (still had the 100K warranty, but...)

two days later i traded it in on a 2k1 trooper 4x4....

reason for trade??

i wanted a different color

you gettin me??

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first quote on a 2003 MO FWD w/ Premium without trade was $28800. Two weeks later I decided to see what they would give me in trade for our 96 Caravan. The sales guy gets some manager to do an appraisal and he'll give me a trade in value of $5500... but here's the clincher, the price of the Mo will increase to $31800!

I asked why the price on the Mo would go up with a trade and he explanied that the hassle and expense of having to prep a used car for sale was added to the price of the Mo... what a bunch of BS! I flat out told him that he should have just told me that he'd give me $2500 for the trade instead of playing these smoke and mirror games... he just lost all credibility with me. In the end I decided to sell the Caravan myself... I have an offer of $6000. Private party is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope the value hangs in there. I like the Murano, and I like the direction the Company is taking with all the new models, including the Infiniti's. I want the competition to realize we've turned the corner and we're ready for a little respect.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Trade-ins SUCK.

I had a '01 Explorer Sport in great condition, KBB for around 12k, and the dealership gave me 9k for it. 70k miles, not a dent in sight, immaculate interior...

I was in a bit of a pitch, however. It was high time to get a Murano, and I wanted to order one, but also wanted to use the money from my vehicle-sale/trade-in towards the MO. If I waited for my order to come in, the trade-in would be further depreciated. If I wanted to privately sell it, I'd be in a hard spot, because I'm not often home to show the vehicle off. So, all in all, the dealership had me. I guess I'm lucky to get what I got for it. :/

That being said, I hope the MO keeps its value. But with my 5-year loan... hrm. I dunno what I"ll be doing with this vehicle in the coming years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts