Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Zaino is the best,
but i buddy of mine has used both and swears by the klasse product. I was thinking of giving it a try, up to now i have really not been using any great products, just washing a lot.
i want to step up my car care, and was curious about other thoughts.

also my MO is silver.

Thanks,
Nerf

·
Registered
717 Posts
Klasse

I have a silver Murano SE that I put the Klasse All in One on the day I brought it home from the dealer. I'm a real believer in the product(s) after using them on my 2000 Maxima SE and now the Murano.

Steps I used:

Told dealer no wax, just hand wash from the delivery truck.

I washed it first with the blue Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove as much gunk as I could.

I had read on a message board that you could tell could tell just how dirty the vehicle was by putting your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and gently running it over the surface. It felt like sandpaper all over the entire vehicle. I was pretty shocked at how poorly cleaned it was.

I bought the Mother's clay bar kit and clayed it carefully, (it was absolutely covered with rail dust/other contaminants, the entire surface).

After claying, it was slick as a baby's B***.

I then put on two coats of Klasse All in one.

I then put on three coats of Klasse high gloss sealer.

I then added two coats of the Pinnacle Sourveran wax.

It took me the better part of a day and a half to do it all but now I only have to wash it about every two weeks and it looks great all the time. (I do use a car duster daily and about every 4-5 days will use the Meguiars quick detailer spray on the vehicle.)

Pictures Here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289392511

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great info!
one more quick question.
for the dawn wash, how much do you need to use?

also is this something you do once a year,
or do you not have to do a dawn wash ever again?

also can you wash the car between using Klasse?
or do you have to use it everytime?

i am just learnin all this stuff,
and appreciate the help.

-Nerf

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just used a good squirt of the dawn, don't know how much it was.

One of the reasons I did as many coats as I did was I intend to not do the dawn wash, reapply of the Klasse again for quite a while (maybe a year or two).

The 00 Maxima (has) had this same treatment since it was new in fall 1999 and I've only done the whole treratment on it twice. It's up to 135,xxx miles now and still looks like new to most people.

I do intend to ocassionally (maybe once every two months) add another coat of the wax on top of the Klasse. I think that shoud keep it looking real good for quite a while.

You certainly can wash the car between coats of the Klasse. My son did his 95 Maxima over a span of about a month since he couln't gedt a complete weekend free. You just have to make sure the car is washed well before you add another coat.

I only use the blue dawn when I'm doing the whole process from start to finish as it strips almost every kind of finish and wax from the cars (i'm told).

My regular car washings are done with the Meguiars Gold Class car shampoo (I get a gallon of the stuff at Target for like $10).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info!! :D
i am off to do my car now,
wish me luck,
i will let you know how it works out!

-Nerf :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sold!

Ok, I am getting some of this stuff as soon as I can. Dklanecky, your silver MO looks great; I want my silver MO to look as good!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok did the whole deal this last weekend,
even the clay bar, even though i did not plan on it.
the car looked incredible, the finish as smooth as glass,
applied the klasse all in one, looked great, applied the high gloss sealant, awesome.
i luv now how when i use some detailing spray the towel just slide right off the finish, it is smoother than glass!

i email a few more questions to the folks at Properautocar.com
where i bought the stuff, they said that i do not need the dawn wash, the klasse would take off and old wax/sealant.

Great stuff, will continue using it.
also a tip, wash off your rims and apply the klasse all in one to them, it will make them whicked shiny and brake dust wipes off with ease.

easy to use, and great.

the best was when i parked it at work yesterday, right after the coat of high gloss and this chick who works downstairs (a hot blonde) walked by said nice car, and used the finish reflection to adjust her hair!
now just gotta make sure my gf doesn't get all jealous.

-Nerf
:D :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts