Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter hitting the New England states (one big storm already behind us) I started thinking about heated wiper blades. I've seen talk on here about them but not sure if anyone is actually using them on their Mo or not.

Does anyone have any experience with using them on the Mo or perhaps which ones they would recommend? The Mo has been the worst car I've ever owned with regards to how much ice/snow buildup accumulates on the wiper blades.

·
Registered
842 Posts
mordel said:
With winter hitting the New England states (one big storm already behind us) I started thinking about heated wiper blades. I've seen talk on here about them but not sure if anyone is actually using them on their Mo or not.

Does anyone have any experience with using them on the Mo or perhaps which ones they would recommend? The Mo has been the worst car I've ever owned with regards to how much ice/snow buildup accumulates on the wiper blades.
I have never heard of heated wiper blades, heated window wash solution, but not blades. I live in a snow zone as I am close to the mountains and I have used reflex blades for over a year with no problem clearing the windows. These blades have no frame that allows ice to build up on them which will lift the wiper blade off the window.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The Everblades have a heating element in the blade itself.

I'm not sure if the advertised benefits are actually achievable. It may be more hype than anything else.

The heated element will keep the blade de-iced and pliable, but I seriously doubt it has the heat output to keep the windshield de-iced at speed. However, if it succeeds in keeping the blade "clean" then the blade can do a better job of clearing the windshield.

The problem of keeping the frame and hinge points clean and free still remains.

-njjoe

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd be more interested in a heated blade holder vs. a heated blade. My biggest complaint with these N.E. winters is that as soon as the hinged portion of the holder ices up, you've got next to nothing when it comes to wiper effectiveness.

I'd wager that you might see a slight benefit if the heated blade transfers some heat to the holder, but in case that isn't the case the blade will still be just as ineffective.

My $0.02

Dave

Edit: D'oh!! I just noticed njjoe's response above mine and realized I said the same thing he did.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Dave N.-

That's OK. Don't sweat it. It's always good to know that someone else out there agrees with you, and that you are not totally full of crap. :7:

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
My Phaeton Has...

Heated washer fluid and heated air that goes to the park position of the blades to keep them from freezing in place. I guess it works today it was sunshine and 71F so I really don't know. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: My Phaeton Has...

GripperDon said:
Heated washer fluid and heated air that goes to the park position of the blades to keep them from freezing in place. I guess it works today it was sunshine and 71F so I really don't know. :D
Must be nice. Suppose to reach close to 0 degrees here tonight for a low. But then again, I love the cold, so I'm not complaining.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Me Too........

In that thing that makes the clear Ice Cubes for the Scotch. :2:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
A bit chilly here last night... -2°F..... I like the cold too... the MO does seem to mind it either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post for me today... I have my new Murano 06 for 1 month :) but I read a lot on him (yes... my Murano is a good guy) on this forum before.

I only wanted to highlight the fact that on the Murano 2006 wiper blades are Reflex blades... and I really like them. No problem with ice, and no need for winter blades. :)
I guess that it is a good improvement since arms cannot be lifted up easily....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts