Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to inquire why this consumer complain form does not have murano in the option any longer?

Some time ago they had 'murano' model to choose from, but it is no longer there since 11/01/2004. This will prevent future complains and will enable NNA (nissan north america) to get away with this possible alternator defect issue.

NTHSA phone number is: 1-888-327-4236.

My alt has not failed, so it will be weird if i gave them a call and inquire on this. Thank you...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Quite strange, it only lists a Frontier XE and Maxima GXE for 2003 model years now.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Eric L. said:
Quite strange, it only lists a Frontier XE and Maxima GXE for 2003 model years now.
Do you think Nissan hacked in to remove Murano?????? :4:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yea the engineer responsible for intertior body noise had some "extra" time on his hands to hack the NTHSA computer system. :22:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonzo...

Yea the engineer responsible for intertior body noise had some "extra" time on his hands to hack the NTHSA computer system
Yeah, indeed.
Bu the same engineers dont have the time to do root cause analysis on their manufacturing/assembly process and find out why the alternator and body noise occur. :8:

Any one want to give NTHSA a call please.... ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My alternator failed last Thursday after 28k and 19 months. Dealer had it fixed by Friday night under warranty.

I wanted to file a cosumer complaint with NTHSA on line but no reference to Murano on their complaint form. I called their phone number today and filed my complaint by phone. The person I spoke with could not tell me why their complaint form did not have murrano as an option.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuperBlk Mo... thank you for the post...

The person I spoke with could not tell me why their complaint form did not have murrano as an option.
Sounds like NNA is paying someone inside NTHSA to disable the feature to complain about the murano at all... I wonder if there is a conspiracy involves here....:mad:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Two things:

1. Its the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or NHTSA - NOT NTHSA. Accordingly, the website is www.nhtsa.gov or www.nhtsa.dot.gov.

2. Conspiracy? Hardly. If you've even dealt with NHTSA on behalf of an automobile manufacturer, you'd know the LAST thing possible is some type of cover up or conspiracy. Of course, then again, I also don't believe the theories about government spying on everyone using stealth black helicopters or the "secret" chips implanted in everyone's brains to monitor thoughts.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well, if they have other Nissans listed - I doubt it is a conspiracy. I'd think they'd want to hide all their cars.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Well, if they have other Nissans listed - I doubt it is a conspiracy. I'd think they'd want to hide all their cars.
They do not have other Nissans listed, just two models, the Frontier XE and Maxima GLE. What happened to the other 10 Nissan models?! I think the website is just jacked at teh moment.

I did call the toll free number, only to be put on hold for over 20 minutes. I ran out of patience...

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric L...

I did call the toll free number, only to be put on hold for over 20 minutes. I ran out of patience...
Maybe a bigger consipracy is involved. NNA hacked into the nissanmurano.org server months ago and obtained the ip address of the forum members. Then NNA traced the name on the Internet account back to your ISP. From there, NNA cross refferenced your name with the phone book and informed their insider in NTHSA to do call blocking on any forum members who might call/inqure :rolleyes:

Forgive me, i watched too many CSI-Las vegas this week. :4:

Would you mind calling them again tomorrow or something? Thanks Eric.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Got a call back tonight from the NHTSA. They're going to work on fixing the website.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
zofsuvs said:
Got a call back tonight from the NHTSA. They're going to work on fixing the website.
Great!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Eric L...

SugarRushMurano said:

Maybe a bigger consipracy is involved. NNA hacked into the nissanmurano.org server months ago and obtained the ip address of the forum members. Then NNA traced the name on the Internet account back to your ISP. From there, NNA cross refferenced your name with the phone book and informed their insider in NTHSA to do call blocking on any forum members who might call/inqure :rolleyes:

Forgive me, i watched too many CSI-Las vegas this week. :4:

Would you mind calling them again tomorrow or something? Thanks Eric.
Yes I do think you have been watching too much CSI! Take a drive in your Murano with the windows open and get some fresh air. :D

Frankly I wish NNA payed that much attention to people with complaints.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts