Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:

I really debating between the DRAWTITE hitch and the NISSAN OEM hitch.

I need a 2" opening and these two are the only ones available.

I've seen pics of the NISSAN installed. Does anyone have pics they could email me or post with the DRAWTITE hitch installed?

The drawtite is selling for $115 bucks compared to about $375 for the two piece NISSAN OEM.

Thanks!

-Flip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey dklanecky1,

Where did you get that Valley hitch? It's got the looks of the Hidden hitch, but has a 2" receiver. I like it a lot! :2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DKL!!

You just saved me $400 bucks!! WOOHOO!! :7:

I was about to go and buy the Nissan one today. I like your Valley Hitch (and its 2").

So as was just asked, did you use the Nissan OEM wiring harness with the Valley?

Where did you purchase the Valley?

I think I've settled on a Valley hitch and the Nissan OEM wiring harness.

Thanks! :2:

-Flip

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the VALLEYORDER website, but they will not sell direct.
I've done a google for VALLEY HITCH 82660 and no luck!

:8:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got mine from a dealer listed in the local yellow pages under towing. They listed all the major brands (in their ad) and did special order mine. It took a week to get it in. The dealer installed the hitch and I paid $160 for it, installed. I bought the hitch towing harness from nissan and installed it myself ($99).

The hitch is really nice and solid back there. I've towed a bunch with it already and am very happy with it.

Installing the harness is pretty straight forward with good directions. You do end up disassembling most of the rear of the interior of the Murano to get access to the mounting plate for the converter and the lighting connetcions, but it's not difficult, just a lot of parts from different areas to keep track of (and remember the sequence they came off in).

It would be a good time to get some dynamat or other sound deadner (if you want to) as you'll have access to a lot of the body panels )inside fenders and under storage comaprtments and spare tire.

The only thing I had any difficulty with was attaching the electrical connection point from the harness to the Valley hitch. The included Nissan plate is designed to attach to the Nissan hitch and the Valley hitch doesn't have that part.

I ended up just using big "zip" tie connectors and tied it to the hitch as you can see it in picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
VALLEY HITCH 82660 Online

I found the Valley Hitch in a store in New Jersey. It was 130 + 10 for shipping. They ship really fast too, I got it the next day. The first one UPS damage, they sent another one and arrived the next day FedEx. Also damaged, they sent the 3rd and it arrived next day. They paid return shipping both damaged. Anyone still interested?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts