Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Cincinnati a couple of days ago. Flew to Dayton, got a rental I drove down………..the lady at the National said you have a nice car. What is it? A SUV. ????? Pontiac Aztek!………..I did not comment……….decided to wait till I drive this “piece of art”. Where should I start………

The good things – it got be back to the airport on time………..

Not so good:
- the driver seat is horrible. After only 15 minutes my back was hurting like hell…….
- Noisy
- VERY harsh engine
- No acceleration what so ever
- Cheap interior
- Horrible interior
- Handling – I have never driven a car with such bad handling
- BODY ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
- Did I miss something? Oh, the LOOK! . not worth even commenting…
- And on and on and on………..

Anyway, never again Aztek! After driving Pontiac Grand Prix, Grand Am, Bonneville, Aztek, Buick Century, Regal, Ford Taurus, Chevy Impala, Dodge Liberty, Cherokee I do not know how the Big Three (I guess two now) can compete with the imports……..Murano is so much better!!!!!!!!!!

So, sorry Murano if I ever complained!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Having driven the various assortment of domestic rentals (I guess thats how the domestics stay in business selling cars) I find it absolutely astounding that Japanese cars are so much better. It makes you wonder why GM or Ford don't just out and buy an Accord or Camry, and reverse engineer it. No wait, they probably try, and produce monstrosities like the Aztec. I cannot believe that GM reskins the Aztec and sells it as a $40,000 Buick Rendezvous...are people really that clueless about what they are really buying?

·
4,664 Posts
I get knocked on occasion for being so pro-Murano. While I understand that most Murano owners are a picky bunch (that's how they ended up with one in the first place) I like to keep it in perspective, and a rental car will do it in seconds....

To think I even considered an Ford Exploder at one point, and then to drive one.... Phew! That was close!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Couldn't resist adding my 2C here:

Preface
I worked on the line in a GM plant for 2 years (kind of a family tradition) before I saw the light. You know the old saying -- "Never buy a Friday car"? Well, it is SOOO true, for reasons I won't get into. Also, if for some reason, you or someone you know is considering a GM vehicle, do not buy a Monday car, generally for the same reason.

So my bro-in-law buys a GMC Z71. Mucho problems -- alternator, starter, rust, brakes, etc etc -- all after only 3 years. So, in a flash of brilliance, he trades it in and buys ......... yes, another GMC Z71 :1pat: . Surprise surprise, more rust problems (where the bumper meets the body), more other problems. After 2 years, in yet another flash of brilliance, yes he buys another one. :1pat: :1pat: And yes, now after only 8 months, there's again rust where the bumper meets the body (for starters -- it is, after all, only 8 months old). HELLO!! McFLY!! Yeah, but he got such a great deal -- list of $48K Cdn, bought for $36K Cdn.

I tried to enlighten him this past weekend and brought him a price list and brochure for the Titan. Aside from all the "cool" and "wow" comments out of him, I showed him the list price for basically the mirror model in a Titan -- $44K. Yes, $4K cheaper than the Z71. But, I told him, you can be most assured the dealer will NOT come down anything even close to the $12K the GMC dealer did. And why? Because they don't have to -- the Titan is cheaper at the start AND it's undoubtedly better built.

I think he's starting to see the light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts