Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently purchase the Aries Step Bars for my Murano and I am having a really hard time installing them. The instructions are not all that good. Basically, i know I have to put the 1st bracket on the tow in the front, but I cant find where the L-bracket should be hooked up. None of the wholes have threading to hold the bolt. I talked to the guy and he says to put it on the brace for the engine, and there is an existing bolt there to replace. Anyone tried to install? any clues would be great!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can u post a pic?

If u post a pic of the bars u have, I might be able to help you.
Read this thread........Bars
I know I wasn't too exact on my installation, but if you have a similiar side bar I can guide you.
The rear bar-bracket goes on the "kidney shape" bracket that's on the MO by the rear wheels underneath the car. You have to remove the OEM bolts and install the LONGER bolts (that came with your bars) so the bar-bracket can mounted beneath the "kidney shape" car bracket.
Let me know if this is any help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can u post a pic?

If u post a pic of the bars u have, I might be able to help you.
Read this thread........Bars
I know I wasn't too exact on my installation, but if you have a similiar side bar I can guide you.
The rear bar-bracket goes on the "kidney shape" bracket that's on the MO by the rear wheels underneath the car. You have to remove the OEM bolts and install the LONGER bolts (that came with your bars) so the bar-bracket can mounted beneath the "kidney shape" car bracket.
Let me know if this is any help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Look...............

The rear mounting area is in front of the rear wheel, underneath the car. That's where I had trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh. thanks man. I found where I need to put on the bars. the only problem i have now is that to put the L-bracket on in the front. I think i need to tke out the 3 screws on that kidney shaped bracket thats there. I can take out 2 of them but im the 3rd one in the middle is completely round. How did you take that one off? I got the other brackets on now with no prblem. The L-bracket needs to go under the kidney shaped support or over. I dont think it was over the support piece.

Thanks for the other help though. It definitely helped.:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Aries nerf bars mounting

Are you still having difficulty mounting those Aries, I mounted them it took a little doing. The big trick is to loosely fasten the brackets and then loosely fasten the bars to the brackets........

I can get you a pic of the mount later if you need that....at least my interpretation of the instructions, great diagrams right?......

I monuted the L bracket under the kidney.......not against the frame of the Murano......

·
Registered
3 Posts
More Pics Please

Boobaba, I really liked how you attached the nerf bars to your 'Mo.

I'm sorry to revive this topic but I didn't find out about this forum until recently. Mind if I ask you to post more pics of the bar attachment? Underneath the vehicle, that is - exactly where the bars are installed. I know you went through a lot to get it done but I wanted to make sure I can install them myself before I buy the stuff. Your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
542 Posts
OK just got my aries bars off of ebay and i am trying to install them and cant figure out the front mounting bracket. the L shaped bracket doesnt seem to line up with the kidney shaped support? I seem to remember someone else having this problem and saying they had to drill new holes. anyone know what i am doing wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aries Nerf

Jaycen29,

Hey, I got mine finally installed. I couldn't wait so I have them installed professionally. I'll try to post pics of the brackets so everybody can use them for reference in the future. Give me the weekend to take the pictures.

·
Registered
542 Posts
thanks rsmpacis. how much did you have to pay to have them installed? was it just abody shop you took it too? I'm really anxious to get mine installed so I'm gonna go back out and try to figure it out again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it wasn't cheap, i can tell you that :( ... here's what i'll do... aside from two pictures, showing the front and rear brackets, I'll also take a snap of the OEM bolts that you need to remove from the Murano... sorry but I can't provide them 'til the weekend...

·
Registered
542 Posts
thats ok. any help is really appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
ok got them on, took me a lot longer than i thought it would though. the directions sucked. was missing one bolt so I had to go to the hardware store twice to find the right one. had to go back the second time because the bolt was a metric one which i was not aware of. But now that they are on I think they look great. cant wait till tommorrow to see them in the daylight since it was dark by the time i finished.

·
Registered
3 Posts
aries nerf bars

Can anyone post any pictures of the nerf bar installation mounts and brackets, or provide any better information on how to do this on my own? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
it seems like Aries is the most popular for Nerf bars but it also seems like everyone is having problems with them. are there any other reputable manufacturers? ive actually finally gotten serious about buying them but i dont want a headache or cheap product that will end up rusting. i was reading about one that had stainless steel brackets and bolts so they wouldnt rust, was that Aries?

·
Registered
542 Posts
my brackets were painted black, I believe the bolts were stainless though. I'll try and post some pics soon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Aries Nerf Bar Mount Pics

All,
I was able to snap a few pics before my batteries went dead in my dig. camera. I hope for anyone installing these in the future that these pictures will be of some help. I'm not even sure if my buddy and I installed these correctly because the Aries Nerf Bar Package was missing the Installation instructions. Here Goes:

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Picture 2 of Nerf Bar install

This is the front Drivers side. We used the long L bracket to attach to the Factory Support bar. The Aries L bracket then went to the Aries Angled bracket that attaches to the welded on Tow? hook bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Picture 4 of ARies Nerf Bar Install

View of rear bracket from further away. Hope this helps someone the next time. If anyone who has installed these see's something very wrong with the way we did this install please let me know, I would like to have it correct. TIA

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts