Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I like this one:

So we’ve seen a whole raft of cars like the BMW X5 and its smaller brother the X3, the Lexus RX300 and the Volvo XC90 that could no more cross a ploughed field than go to the moon. .......this makes them feel car-like on the road. The new Murano most definitely falls into this category. Show it a field and it would hide behind a tree sobbing. .
:2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cool article. Looks like in Europe there is a political drive against 4x4's. In Sweden as well there is talk of a tax on SUV's. Otherwise everybody is going to have one there since the gas is sooooo cheap there .....:ucrazy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
goldmu said:
Cool article. Looks like in Europe there is a political drive against 4x4's. In Sweden as well there is talk of a tax on SUV's. Otherwise everybody is going to have one there since the gas is sooooo cheap there .....:ucrazy:
and why do they put steering and console cluster on the wrong side :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
A: I think that is the first time EVER I've seen a european version of a car get less power than the US version, wohoo!!!

B: Murano can't off-road? My ass it can't...:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow 5 out of 5 by Jeremy Clarkson is a big, very big achievement. This guy is the UK's top auto-journalist with a great show called Top Gear on BBC prime time television.

He is a serious petrol head, hates diesel and loves fast cars. He owns a new Ford GT40, Merc SL55 AMG and Volvo XC90 (which now looks like he sold it....)

The is a big lobby against 4x4's in the UK, especially the petrol variety and the Murano being petrol only it had bad reviews by all the 'serious' press who compared it against an X5 diesel instead of the 3.0i...Etc....

Europe has got quite a history of having detuned versions compared to the US...Remember the de Loreon (4 cylinder only in Europe) and what was the little pontiac called, again 4 cylinder only in Europe...

But strangly the US version is limited at a lower speed than the Europe version as I understand...But also the gearbox is programmed differently, still silky CVT smooth but a response like a normal auto.....

·
Registered
241 Posts
MightyMo said:
A: I think that is the first time EVER I've seen a european version of a car get less power than the US version, wohoo!!!

B: Murano can't off-road? My ass it can't...:D
[
I must admit that I wouldn't want to do that...I owned the Nissan Patrol that Jeremy is referring to and took it anywhere...Two weeks ago I was at a local safari park and droof of road over just a slight grass bump and the underside was already scraping...Just not enough clearance....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Quote from delongj: and what was the little pontiac called, again 4 cylinder only in Europe...
Fiero??

·
Registered
241 Posts
Fiero! That's the one!

Hilarious car, very popular on the kit-car market for making fake testarossa's....

·
Registered
86 Posts
As Jean-Paul said, 5 out 5 from Jeremy Clarkson is an accolade not to be taken likely! Is he a petrol head or what? Great show as well.

On his show he has a wall divided into three separate areas right-hand side for cool cars, then in the middle the OK group and then on the left-hand side it’s the ‘dogs’. This is the show’s web site: www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

The off-road thing I suppose he’s correct, the Murano cannot be put in the same class as the Pajero (Shogun) or Patrols etc - but it was never meant to be. However, was thinking of sending an email to his show, Top Gear, and give him the links to the ‘mgarciah’ Willd Wild Costa Rica’ thread (off road Mo) – perhaps then he may give it a ‘6’?

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a good idea Phil! And I live near their abandoned airport/test track studio...You can always let him know that I am willing to model my 'rare' Murano....Or let the Stig test it on the track :2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is a first time for everything! Me, I’ve never written to a show or celeb.

Well, hell, that's all changed; emailed Jeremy Clarkson at the BBC. Put the link to the thread’ Wild Wild Costa Rica” and commented about’ pinko’ politicians trying to get everyone into unobtrusive, boring, diesel driven small cars or Vauxhalls (Jeremy hates the Vauxhall Vectra with vengeance). Also suggested that any car Robin Cook drives or endorses should appear on the far left of the ‘Cool Wall’ – very uncool!

The cost of the Murano in Saudi was 18000 sterling compared to 30k in the UK, petrol here is 14 pence a litre; but as they produce a majority of the worlds oil that’s understandable.

Petrol is taxed ridiculously high in the UK thus driving (excuse the pun) people to own smaller cars; I do realise that roads in the UK are overcrowded (still remember the M6 just south of Birmingham and the M25 car park, nightmare). However, if a large amount of the revenue collected from road tax and petrol was ploughed back into the roads then I’m sure it would be different on the congestion front.

Our cousins across the pond have fewer problems with gun laws than the attempted interference and/or influence being exerted by left wing politicians in the UK in trying get everyone out of their SUVs.

However, I suppose it could be said, that as I no longer live there (UK that is) then I should not comment and also time to get of the soap box – Hyde Park, Speakers Corner or what.
:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh please don't, you are more than welcome phil and it is all true...Especially the bit about road tax money should go back on the road infrastructure....

Actually the roads are getting so bad that you need an SUV to deal with the potholes and uneveness. We live in the countryside and our tax money is never used for our village....I had to leave my BMW 7 series down the hill and walk up in the snow as the roads were pure ice and not cleared...Didn't have the Murano that time, but the Patrol had no difficulty going up and down and even reversing....

Even taking my daughter to school we have to wade through about 40cm of water due to bad drainage when it rains...No surprise that most parents and neighbours drive SUV's....

And regarding the Chelsea tractors, a nickname for SUVs used in the innercity, most people that I know are there during the week and drive to their countryside residence for the weekend, it gets pretty muddy on the lanes in sussex,berkshire, buckinhamshire and oxfordshire....

Phew I feel better now ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes,

Must admit to not missing that sort of thing, it seems that a lot of the infrastructure is not being looked after and all the politicians do is spin the news to detract attention away from the local issues that everyday people have to put up with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts