Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woo-HOO!!! Just got back from the dealer. Had a nice surprise call this afternoon at work that the car came in a day early! I am now the proud possessor (not just owner) of a brand new 2004 Nissan Murano. AWD SE, Super black, Cafe Latte interior, fully loaded (and I mean FULLY loaded) with everything except chrome wheels and satellite radio. Thanks to the folks on this forum for all the feedback to questions when I was researching and as I was waiting. Especially the checklist - dealer had done everything already, but it was nice to be sure! The only glitch was the compass wasn't calibrated. Two circles around the parking lot and that was done.

I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance. Next on the list - bra or bug deflector (still debating which), rear bumper protector, rear sensors, and drive drive drive!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations on the new Mo, it's a great ride!

I went with a Colgan Custom Carbon Fiber bra after an encounter with a cement truck chipped my front bumper. The bra looks great, protects the entire bumper and the second piece protects part of the hood. Also got some body side moldings that I plan to put on soon for door protection.

I like the look and appreciate the protection.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Congrats!
Like jaak says, your face will stop hurting in a few days from all of the grinning.
:)

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

Congratulations!!!!! I'm grinning just thinking about you riding around and grinning.

Mine is due in next Thursday, but who knows? I hope I'll have my Mo by the end of the month.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Jim

Congratulations!! I don't know how long it takes to stop smiling or staring at it. I'm still doing it. May take more than a couple of days for your face to stop hurting. I took my son to Soccer practice the other day and just found myself staring at my ride. It's been seven weeks for me and it still has not worn off. What a great color Combo with the black exterior and the Caffe interior. Very Classy!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I LOVE the smmmoootttthhhhh lines of the car. In fact, like many listers, I was researching getting some Dawn side moldings to protect the car. But the more I look and admire it, the less I want to interrupt the lines of the vehicle! I'm still debating this one.

The one downside to the new Mo (yes, there is a downside!), is that I will be selling my old car - a 1994 black Camaro. Its in pristine shape and is a lot of fun to drive, especially on days like today with the T-tops off. My wife thinks I get overly attached to my cars, but I can't help feeling that way about a vehicle I've had for ten years and that's never given me a lick of trouble since day one. I'll miss that black beauty. :(

Dij - hang in there. It WILL be worth it. And thanks for all the past help on advice for pushing the dealer along. In the end, he came through. My order took three months and two weeks to come in. I found out there were glitches in my original order and that caused the two week delay. On the plus side, the port where my Mo was received installed roof rail cross bars and a cargo area protector. I didn't ask for them in the order form and the dealer didn't list them on the purchase sheet. So thanks to Nissan, I got two FREE accessories. Not too shabby!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Atached to a car?

Me 2. I had to part with my good old 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
138,000 miles.

My father's last ride before he passed on was in that car and my 2 late good old dogs rode in it regularly. Gee, I just got all misty, lol.

Good Luck on the new MO!

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
I get a little attached to some of mine, too. I hope the Xterra likes its new home. I don't want it to think that I'm getting rid of it as punishment.

Silly, very silly. I remember when my parents bought a new Oldsmobile F85 when I was maybe fourth or fifth grade and I thought we weren't taking the Rambler station wagon home and I was sad. We did take it home, and a drunk driver wiped out the F85 and six or eight other vehicles parked in front of church the next morning...

·
4,664 Posts
I considered the molding, but decided not to.... I keep thinking it's going to get nailed one day, but 15 months and not yet. So far I think the black strip at the bottom has been protecting it, as most car doors hit that first.

Either that, or they look at it and don't want to hurt it, 'cause it's so purty... Naw, it's the strip...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
You're lucky jaak.

The only 3 places I really ever park my car are:
- at work in a nice underground garage with huge spaces and i always park next to a pillar.
- at the trolley station and i park my car where no one ever wants to park...out in the boonies
- at home, in another garage

yet i still have some nice white scratches right where a door would be...its terribly upsetting. And to top it off, I have a nice nick in my back bumper where some butt hit me. :(

------

I miss my old car too: 2002 Ford Mustang GT
What a change the Murano was, but I can't regret it, this vehicle is too good to me.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Snow MO
There are two spaces in my deck at work which have pillars on both sides, I get one or the other. Needless to say, I don't drive at lunch.
lol
Otherwise I park in the boonies or in mega spaces or make one beside van handicap spaces.
hehe
I guess I will get side moulding one day, but for now I am still enjoying the smoooooth sides.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

No photos showed when I looked. Same problem with new photos someone else posted, although all the older photos displayed. Maybe it's just a time-lag thing.

New ETA on my Mo is Tuesday, which means maybe Monday (but I wouldn't get it until Tuesday anyway) or Wednesday.

·
4,664 Posts
Snow MO said:
You're lucky jaak.

The only 3 places I really ever park my car are:
- at work in a nice underground garage with huge spaces and i always park next to a pillar.
- at the trolley station and i park my car where no one ever wants to park...out in the boonies
- at home, in another garage

yet i still have some nice white scratches right where a door would be...its terribly upsetting. And to top it off, I have a nice nick in my back bumper where some butt hit me. :(

I got some white scratches in the rear bumper, so now I leave the trailer hitch in. I just noticed yesterday, scratches in the door from some yoyo.:3: Figured I'd jinx myself by talking about the trim!

Jim C, your pics aren't showing up. It could be the link has changed or I don't have permission to see them. However, you can actually upload them. Look at where it says "Attach file" underneath the message, when you post.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Jaak:

Thanks for the suggestion. Don't know why the pics aren't showing as the folder where they are located has been marked as "public." I tried the attachment function, but the picture files are too big. Any other possibilities for uploading? I didn't think the pictures were that large as they were taken with an older 1.0 Mg camera.

Jim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts