Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my MO in October of '03, I would drive around for days and sometimes even weeks before seeing another one.

I remember when I first saw another Black one, I thought "Damn, someone else bought the "other" one".

My Sister bought hers early Summer of '04. (copycat)

Then, I would see another Murano once, maybe twice a week.

Yesterday, I saw 3 Muranos in a span of 3 minutes.

The worst part was that two of them were Black!

One of the Black ones was also Rackless like mine, I was directly behind it! (Thank goodness it was at least an SL)

I really like being rack free.

I kinda miss be the only MO on the road.

Oh well, I guess the secrets out....:(

That's my personal MO sightings per minute record.

What's yours?

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
no surprise

well guess what.... our town isnt that big ... about 200,000 population.... but last sunday on a busy intersection .... i saw 5 muranos..... all of them SILVER as mine.... and the funny thing was all were at the front of each side, north, east, south and west.... there was one in the turning lane.....

i was really amazed..... and then yesterday .... on a 500 m strip for my home... i saw 4 of them.... beige, merlot, black and silver.....

yep.... like that Japanese Commander said in the movie Pearl Harbour, We are no longer a surprise......

its a good thing too.... but sure it would be lovely to have so many people around here to get more and more feedbacks about their MOs.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I find that the other Muranos on the road do not seem to notice my car, so I rarely get a wave. I guess the soccer moms aren't so into their Muranos as to give a kind wave to a fellow Murano driver.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Same experience..

That's my personal MO sightings per minute record.
When i bought the Mo in 2003, it is very rare to even see another MO in a day.

But i guess the word is out, the murano is the best bang for the buck suv out there with lexus RX quality i might say. :4:
I saw at least 5 a day in part of city where i live.
My gf says that muranos is almost as common as seeing honda accords. :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mo Sightings

I see quite a few every day now. The really good thing about seeing more is that the aftermarket accessories have started to show up now. At least it seems easier to find things for it than it did six months ago.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I live in a small town about 16k people and I'm the only one and it's sortta nice. The closest Nissan dealer is about 45 minutes away so I figure that's probably the reason why I don't see more of them. When I do go to Dayton which is about 30 miles from me I see a few but not an over abundance. I'm sure the more people that see mine there will end up being another one sooner or later. :cool:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I Wave, Beep and Flash ! (if it won't cause a problem)

MO is MO, whether parked on on the GO. (snuck in a rhyme)

I stick a NissanMurano.org under the wiper when I see em parked.

GRIP:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I used to see at least one or two on the freeway on the way to and from work. Now that I have my aries step bars on and want to show off, I don't see any... :3:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am also starting to see more and more of them. It was nice to be one of the first in the area (bought late January of '03). We were actually the first one sold by our sales guy - but he assured other sales people had sold them ;)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I am also starting to see more and more of them. It was nice to be one of the first in the area (bought late January of '03).

Oh man, tell me about it, I purchased my 04 in late Dec-03. I was it. The only MO as far as I could tell in this town of 30,000.
Just yesterday at the local shopping center, (this is no mall, just a supermarket type center) anyway there were 3 in this shopping center! Me driving out and two driving in. No way were these people on this web site. They were oblivious to the fact that there were other MO's in the lot. They did not even look at me! "THEY JUST DON'T GET IT." I think I used to enjoy when people asked me what is this? I used to love telling them that I had a tranny without gears. Yeah, it was pretty cool being the only MO, I kinda miss it. All in all, we still are a pretty rare breed and I like it.
Bob

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I think...

Just yesterday at the local shopping center, (this is no mall, just a supermarket type center) anyway there were 3 in this shopping center! Me driving out and two driving in. No way were these people on this web site. They were oblivious to the fact that there were other MO's in the lot. They did not even look at me! "THEY JUST DON'T GET IT."
Those people most likely treat cars like another appliance.
Murano is a moving sclupture, IMHO :4:

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
well.... i did what i thought would never do in my life.....

when i went for a coffee with my wife to a local Tim Horton's... there was a black MO in the lot.... i parked right next to it... and then went inside.... after coffee, i told my wife i wanna know who owns this MO and i wrote down the address for nissanmurano.org on a tissue paper, ... she dared me to ask anyone about it.... well at first i was totally shy but then i realized, we need to be the ambassador for this website and thats when i went to almost every table but no one owned it.... probably someone at the other shop did.... however, i put that tissue under the wiper blade.

all i could tell was it was an '05 SE ....

hope that person joins in here....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts