Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
compressing photos

i love to post pictures of my MO cause i just love it so much and would like to show it off. but of course theres not much to show off since we all have the same car!!

anyways i took a few pictures of my cars recently with my new digital camera (its a canon S400 by the way) i uploaded them but unfortuantely they are too big for this website and i cannot uplaod it on murano.org! how do i compress them so they are well below the limit?

im a huge computer dummy as u can see!!

thanks for your help!

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Re: compressing photos

i<3mymurano said:
i love to post pictures of my MO cause i just love it so much and would like to show it off. but of course theres not much to show off since we all have the same car!!

anyways i took a few pictures of my cars recently with my new digital camera (its a canon S400 by the way) i uploaded them but unfortuantely they are too big for this website and i cannot uplaod it on murano.org! how do i compress them so they are well below the limit?

im a huge computer dummy as u can see!!

thanks for your help!
First of all, it's true we all have the same vehicle, but PLEASE don't let that stop you from posting your pics. :p I love seeing other people's MOs.

As for re-sizing, did your camera come with software for touching up your photos? I thought that most cameras did. If so, just click on HELP and type in resizing in the search field.

If you're still having problems, you could e-mail them to me and I'll take care of it for you. :p

[email protected]

Good luck and can't wait to see your pics.

Orlando

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! i think ill have to dedicate a few hours to my pictures today. i've been on a few trips this summer and the pictures are starting to take over the computer cause htey are SOO big..

we'll see what happens!

·
5,268 Posts
if you want quality never compress pictures! It is better to get a new bigger hard drive. They are pretty chip these days.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I love seeing others pictures.... something to share.

If you have Microsoft office they have tools to edit pictures. If you do which version of Office do you have?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try Picasa

I suggest trying Picasa from Google. It's Free, fast and it does not mess with the originals images.
Just export after you resized/crop/rotate/brightness/contrast/... images, then add them to the tread....

http://www.picasa.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
PowerToys for windows is a free easy picture resizer from Microsoft.

Simply right click on the picture and select large, medium or small.

Creates a new resized file, Does not affect the original picture.
Quality is the best I've seen for a resizer.

·
5,268 Posts
If you want to resize photos only go with jahjr suggestion. It works quite OK. However, if you are looking for photo editing software - there are not too many to choose from. I mean real photo editing software......

·
5,268 Posts
soxypoo

WOW! Nice photos. You really resized them! I guess you used a non-linear transformation...:D

Anyway, i like both of these cars....

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah i love both of them they r my babes :) IS 350 ... it is a fun fun and fast cast .. pussy magnet :2:
anyways .. my MO battery dies today .. freaking pissed .. cost 100 to get a new one and make my friend put it in .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts