Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, Why does my a/c kick on when I go to Auto Climate control?
To dry the air?
:1:
Normal or Problem?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Unca.

Never had this function work in that manner before, on my previous vehicles.

jIM

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
A while back we had a big, "how do you do" regarding this very annoying feature. My wife is still asking why she sets the HEAT and hits AUTO function the AC comes on. We had about 5 posters trying to explain but we decided Nissan wanted it that way. Some said it was to prevent fogging yada yada. No one had a really good explanation.

Crazy feature!
Bob1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Previous to MO I owned a BMW 528. I talked to the service people about the best way to extend the life of the A/C and the recommendation was to make sure it got used every month. Given the winter temperature where I live I didn't see much point in this but I was told I should take my car to a heated garage and use the A/C for about 20 min. at least once per month. I was told that the A/C would not function if the outside temperature was too low thus the need for the heated garage.

A/C does reduce the moisture content so it makes sense when trying to keep the windows clear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like a good idea. I am sure its there for some type of reson.
Just a bit strange at first.
Odd though, I drive 8 hours a day for a living and have been doing so for the past 10 years. This idea never occurred to me..
Hmmmmm

This information could have helped me over the years....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Seems to me that we have a LOT of people who have never owned Climate Control before.
This is the way Climate Control has worked on every new car I have driven for the last 20 years or more.
Obviously, this is not the way it works when you just have separate Heat and separate AC.

The correct answer is that Dehumidified air is better on your windshield in the winter.
It has always been so.

Homer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts