Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a Question. when you turn your Heating system on in the MO. Does it only show output on the foot area?? Then if you go to change the mode to the upper area the Auto turns Off??
Is this Normal?

The manual is not clear..
The bottom line, can I get heat on Auto mode to come out of the upper vents???

Help
Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never Mind. I found the solution

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I used to care about that when I lived in Detroit but not now. GRIP :D :D

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Jim, want to post your findings just for the record if/when someone else wants to know?

I was going to chime in to say, just for the record, that part of using "Auto" mode means that the system automatically chooses which vents to activate, foot well, face, or windshield. And if you notice, the active vents actually change during the course of your ride based on how much of a difference (and what direction that difference lies) there is between the internal temperature, the desired internal temperature, and the outside temperature.

If you don't like the vent selection, you can either play with the desired temperature to get the vents you want opened, or hit the Mode button to select the vent configuration you want -- feet, face, windshield, or feet and face or feet and windshield.

Geeky enough as it is, I remember the joy I felt the moment I finally figured out just how the heck the system works.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geek be not Eastern...

I found what you said is true. The system adjusts the vent coverage area as the system deems. Actually it seems to work great. :)

It was just throwing me off, that when I hit the mode Button the auto would shut off... But now we know the TRUTH.
ooogreat MO ............
here I thought it was broke.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grip, How is that "dry' Heat...... :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
WONDERFULL ! In the summer were are about 90 minutes away from 6000 ft and cool mountian breezes. Habing lived in: Fla, VA, TX, MI, NC, AZ, Plus North and South CA. This is the best I found but I do miss sailing a lot.

No way around it though June, July, and August are bears.

GRIP :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
The one thing I really like about it as opposed to my other car, an '03 Saab 9-3, is that when it's cold in the morning, the thing doesn't start blowing until the engine warms up and it's able to blow warm air. In the Saab, when it's 40 degrees F out and the HVAC is set to 68, when you first turn the car on, it just blasts full on until the car warms up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Todd,

Something's wrong with your Saab. It shouldn't do that. A sensor must be out somewhere.

REVHIGH !!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts