Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auto light sensitivity is set to max, but it's still not sensitive enough for rainy day etc. etc. I'm going to put light tint on the driver light sensor maybe that will help.

There is a light sensor on passanger side, what is that used for?

I covered it and it did not trigger lights, left one did.

How do speed dependent wipers work?
I am not noticing any difference.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximizer-

The light sensor on the right side is used by the HVAC system. It takes into account the heat-load from the sun when determining the climate settings.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximizer-

I didn't realize the MO had speed-dependent wipers until I read your thread. After almost a year I am still finding out new things about the MO. Thanx!!

If you do not notice a difference in cycle-times as your speed increases then maybe the speed-dependent feature was disabled. Check the system setting display.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well, the 03 SM refers to using vehicle speed for the wiper control system but does not say it can be turned on or off.

In the 04-06 SM it refers to turning the vehicle speed function on or off using the consult-2 and the default is off from the factory.

On the 06 at least, the owner can turn this on or off using the display.

The SMs do not say if the speed values can be changed with the consult-2. But there is a test to read the speed sensor value on the consult-2 in the wiper troubleshooting section.

I do notice a change when I go from highway speeds to a stop. The wipers slow down. It is barely perceptible to me, but its there. Kind of like if you had an older vehicle that did this because the alternator was weak on idle. I found that kind of amusing in a morbid sort of way. :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer-

The speed-dependent feature is owner-accessible via the display settings on the 2005 MOs. Consult-II is not required.

I laughed when you mentioned your experience with the slowing wipers. I once had a car that had vacuum-operated wipers (MG Midget?) that would slowly cross the window when idling and would almost stop when you mashed open the throttle. They operated on the intake manifold vacuum. They were what you would call engine-speed-dependent wipers. :D

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts