Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Murano owner and love it... I have a question about the auto lights. Can you leave the lights on Auto all the time? Will this affect the battery? I read the manual and it says to put the light switch to off when you leave the vehicle for extended periods of time, but what does that mean, weeks, days, hours? Would you leave it on auto all the time?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
5 Posts
MacPel,
I believe leaving it on "Auto" will turn on your headlights whenever the sensor thinks you need em on...i.e. at dusk, and leave the headlights on few minutes after you turn your engine off. So I guess, you could leave it on "Auto" at all times.

According to the manual for the the Xenon headlights, one should not turn the lights on and off often ( I guess that means turning it on for 2 minutes and truning it off...) since this will shorten the life...

When you have it on "Auto" setting, the headlights will come on in the garage (during daylight) and when you exit the garage, the light is off...
(Does this consitute on - off cyle to shorten the life?)

Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
macpel

I've had my MO for about 2.5 months now and haven't moved the switch from AUTO since the first day. Yes, the lights come on in the daytime when I enter the garage, but I don't know if this happening once/day is going to hurt anything -- I doubt it. If it matters, I do not have the HIDs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
headlights

If you have the HID, they are shutoff automatically after a few, besides the HID use less power than standard Halogens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts