Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,
I have a 03 SE that I just purchased last month and love, I only have one issue. I have the HID headlights and when set on auto and I turn off the car, the lights stay on. Has anyone else seene this problem?
TIA David

·
Registered
359 Posts
According to the manual, page 2-21, if you turn the key off, open any door then close all the doors, the lights will stay on for 45 seconds.
If however you keep any door open, they will stay on for 5 mins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which door makes them stay on for 45 minutes?

·
Registered
359 Posts
close all the doors and the lights will go off after 45 SECONDS.
Keep any door open and they will stay on for up to 5 minutes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I'm s little used to the auto lights in my Porsche's and my F-150, which do go out after about 5 minutes after the last door is closed. You're telling me that its normal for the lights never to go out in the Murano after 45 minutes or several hours after the last door is closed and locked?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
wow.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No.
Turn off the ignition, get out of the car and close the doors - lights will go out after 45 SECONDS, repeat SECONDS.

If you leave a door open however they will stay on up to 5 minutes or until you close the door then they will shut off 45 SECONDS later.

·
Registered
542 Posts
well I have a remote starter on mine and if I use it to start the car and then use the remote to turn it off with the auto light function on they will stay on. I think it might have something to do with it not sensing the key actually turning. I was gonna ask anyone if they new a way to work around that but its not that big a deal because i rarely use the remote start to turn off the car, just if I am showing someone that I can. Out of habit now I have been turning the lights to off just in case though but it would be nice not to have to worry about that. But if I turn it off using the key it usually seems to go off by itself on auto. Im not sure but I seem to think there might also be a setting that you can set to control how long the lights stay on after you turn off car, but Im not sure. You have to go into the settings menu on your dash, it can be kind of tricky to get to sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I'm tired of listening to the xxxxxxxxx.
(Word edited by jaak and PM sent on this, please refrain from such words as a description of other members.)
Here's the problem for the cheap seats in Canada:
Driving around with headlights set to auto. Drive into driveway, or parking lot, park car, turn off engine, get out of car, shut door, lock car with fob, walk into house/store, come back out 2 hours later and the lights are still on. No doors have been opened for 2 hours. I never complained about the lights being on for 5 minutes. Quit posting if you can't contribute more than "the lights will stay on for 5 minutes".

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Take it to the shop.
You obviously have a problem.
As explained it shouldn't stay on for longer than 5 minutes.
It's a battery saver feature.

Try to work on your attitude before you get to the dealer.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Or you could try turning on and off the lights like most people do. Personally I find the auto setting does not turn on the lights early enough and even with the battery saver, I am not sure I would want the HID bulbs to be on unnecessarily.

Looks like I read the posts above too late, and someone changed minutes to seconds! :p

Please lets try to keep posts here on the bbs "nice."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so in order to be "nice" on this site one has to be willing to be treated like an idiot? The word that was edited out wasn't even swearing in anyone's dictionary unless you have a problem with Summer's Eve products. Y'all need to grow up a bit. I was irritated by the fact that another member was uppity enough to assume I couldn't read the manual and he even pm'd me just to put the finishing Thurston Howell the third touch to it.
"I have replied to your auto-light question through the forum.
I am guessing that you may have bought a previously owned Murano. If so hopefully it came with a manual, otherwise you are going to have a lot of questions!!"
We each are entitled to be irritated by another person and express said frustration. Rjardine made an assumption that was wrong and continued to voice said assumption even after being told he was wrong, yet it is I who is being criticized for my tone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry you find feminine products offensive. I found rjardine's tone and attitude offensive as well as your note to me. I believe you are a bit condescending and arrogant to assume I would "need help" modifying my post so as not to offend others. I chose not to use any four letter words as they are offensive, but by your editing my post it implies that I did use inappropriate language. By doing that you have in fact defamed my character.
As to my comment about the cheap seats in Canada, that is an old expression having to do with being a distance from the stage that prevents the person from being able to hear the comedian.
Thanks for your lack of consideration.

jaak wrote on 08-11-2004 06:24 AM:
Hi, A couple of problems with your post.

1) Language inappropriate and not appreciated by other forum members.
2) Insult towards a nation of people, not appreciated and not contributing any value to the thread.

We do want your participation, but in a respectful manner.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jaak

P.S. please feel free to edit your post and amend it. I can help you if you need to remove the offensive parts and get you back to a good start with the other members.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way cancel my membership.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wait a second........................

drwagner, how can u say that rjardine's "tone and attitude" was offensive???!!! He was just trying to help you out with what seems now a defect with your auto light function.
rjardine stated:if you turn the key off, open any door then close all the doors, the lights will stay on for 45 seconds.

And you kept repeating in your post reply 45 MINUTES!! and not SECONDS as rjardine stated, 3 times.
It seems that you were NOT listening, and it only made you look as if you lacked understanding of his post.
If you had stated this sooner:Driving around with headlights set to auto. Drive into driveway, or parking lot, park car, turn off engine, get out of car, shut door, lock car with fob, walk into house/store, come back out 2 hours later and the lights are still on. No doors have been opened for 2 hours. I never complained about the lights being on for 5 minutes. Quit posting if you can't contribute more than "the lights will stay on for 5 minutes".
Then all who read this thread would not have come to the conclusion that you had a MAJOR problem with reading/comprehension.
I'm sorry but it is YOU who has the attitude. Not us. Goodbye.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Good riddance!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
rjardine said:
Wow!
Thnx for the support.
Just so we're all clear. You're saying that you are thankful for the support you've received? All of it? Some of it? What support? Where is that listed in the manual? Are you implying that our support somehow needs recognized? You're appreciative "tone and attitude" have been noted.

In some strange way, I kinda miss that guy already....:xnuts:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow, that was quite the fiasco. The uglyness is not nice.

My lights work great. Just like they should. Off after 45 seconds, or 5 minutes. I always have them on the "auto" position. It is nice not haivng to think about it. They are just on when I need them.

I am glad this thread has died down.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts