Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get the doors to lock when you shift to drive ? I don't see any settings in the manual. Can the dealer set this ?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Nope.

Wish it did, but it don't.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ShaginWagon-

You would like to think that option is available, but unfortunately it is not, which is surprising since many other cars have that feature.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
They do on mine. I added an aftermarket alarm system mainly to get that feature

·
Registered
193 Posts
My Singapore MO will auto lock all doors when the car speed goes over 20 km/h (~13mph). Are you all saying that this function is not available in the US model?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
chimpanzee said:
My Singapore MO will auto lock all doors when the car speed goes over 20 km/h (~13mph). Are you all saying that this function is not available in the US model?
Chimp-

You're kidding right?

North American MOs do not have the option to auto-lock the doors once the vehicle is underway. I thought all version were similar in this regard.

-njjoe

·
Registered
193 Posts
njjoe, no kidding, the car autolock once it reach 20kmh and when I open my driver's door, all 4 doors will be unlock. All the while, I thought this is a standard feature in the MO.

If this is available here in Singapore, it should not be too difficult to re-program the N. American MOs, right?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
chimpanzee said:
If this is available here in Singapore, it should not be too difficult to re-program the N. American MOs, right?
Someone please figure this out! Those with inside contacts in Nissan dealerships please lead the way and let us all know.....:6:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
If this speed-dependent auto-lock feature is standard on some MOs, I would think the capability is available on all MOs. I just can't figure out Nissan's rationale for not activating it on US MOs.

-njjoe

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was standard in my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and boy, was it a nice feature. Locked at 15 MPH and pulling on the interior door handle unlocked the doors. No fussing with the lock toggle switch. Which in my case, usually results in a window going down instead!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
No No please don't request Nissan do this.... I don't like it when cars lock the doors for me. :(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gonzo said:
No No please don't request Nissan do this.... I don't like it when cars lock the doors for me. :(
I think it should be a user selectable option. I had a Taurus and you could disable it if you disliked the feature.

Personally, I like the feature. Especially with the kids. Start to go, doors lock. Plus, You don't have to hear that annoying lock clunk when sitting at a redlight in the ghetto.....

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Problem with the Chrysler version is you have to unlock manually. Mine locks when the ignition is on and unlocks when you turn it off. Alao can be locked /unlocked with the aftermarket remote. I have mine set up to do all the doors at once. Feature can be disabled by hitting valet switch.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The logic is programed into other MOs, so it most likely is also programmed into US-bound MOs. We just aren't given the option to use it.

The more available features the better. I would just have liked to have had the choice. :(

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

I think it should be a user selectable option. I had a Taurus and you could disable it if you disliked the feature.

Personally, I like the feature. Especially with the kids. Start to go, doors lock.
I just like using the child safety door lock. I like the idea of user selectable but I'm sure glad the MO doesn't do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts