Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( This is my first time on this site. I purchased a 2006 Murano 2 days ago. It is the SL with the Touring Package. I have spoken with my dealer, Nissan Headquaters and numerous other dealers and have not been able to get a straight answer. What is it that this auto re-lock is suppose to do. I have been told it will lock the doors 1 mini=ute after you start driving. I have been told it will lock the doors 1 minute after you exit the Murano and I have been told that if you get in the Murano and do not start it, it will lock the doors after one minute. Unfortunately I have tested all of them and none of them work. Please help. I am at my wits end. It is little things like this that drive me crazy. Thank you in advance. Please let me know what the function does and how I can test it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my new MO on Thursday!

The auto re-lock only happens when you unlock the car, and do not open the doors in a certain amount of time. If the door is not opened, the doors will re-lock.

Haven't tried it on my MO yet, but our '05 Frontier has the same feature....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto Re lock

Kimphin said:
Just picked up my new MO on Thursday!

The auto re-lock only happens when you unlock the car, and do not open the doors in a certain amount of time. If the door is not opened, the doors will re-lock.

Haven't tried it on my MO yet, but our '05 Frontier has the same feature....
Does it matter if yoy unlocked the car with the intelegent button on the handle or the Fob?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
phoneboy6-

I am not surprised that you were unable to get a straight answer from the dealers and Nissan HQ. I have found that most car salesmen do not truly understand all of the nuances of the cars they are selling. It should not be that way, but it is.

Kimphin is right. The "Auto Re-lock Time" governs the amount of time that elapses before the doors will re-lock if no one opens a door after it has been remotely unlocked.

I guess Nissan intended this to be a security feature. If you inadvertently push the unlock button on the key-fob, the car will re-lock itself if no one opens the door in "n" minutes.

I disabled the feature on my car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Auto Re-lock

I want to than everyone who responded. I went out to my Murano and you folks were correct. I unlocked the doors with the remote and walked away. One minute later the doors re-locked. It is amazing that 15 phone calls and visiting 2 different dealerships, I could not get a correct answer. I stumble across your group and I have an answer in 15 minutes aqnd it is the correct answer. Kudos to all of you.

Does anyone know of a good Bluetooth device for cell phones that works well in the Murano?:2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts