Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you guys know about this or not, most likely you do but i didnt know. If you hold down your unlock button for 5 seconds or so your windows roll down. My buddies new altima does it so i thought i would try it on the mo and it works.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmeitz-

That's one of the great things about having a new car - discovering all the "bells and whistles". :D

Have fun.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Room for improvement!!

Yes, but wouldn't you like it better if it would not only open your windows by holding the unlock botton, but if it would close the windows by holding the lock botton for 5 seconds too, I think there is definitely room for improvement on that.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Room for improvement!!

rrodfa2 said:
Yes, but wouldn't you like it better if it would not only open your windows by holding the unlock botton, but if it would close the windows by holding the lock botton for 5 seconds too, I think there is definitely room for improvement on that.
They dont do this because of safety reasons. In case someone gets their fingers caught when you close the windows remotely.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Re: Re: Room for improvement!!

bigdongers said:

They dont do this because of safety reasons. In case someone gets their fingers caught when you close the windows remotely.
But - the Murano (as well as many other new cars) have a feature that will roll the window back down should it feel any obstructions. This was explained to us when we bought the Murano and the sales guy offered to demonstrate on my hand...I declined. But he did roll up a towel and put it between the window and rolled it up - and sure enough it rolled back down.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Room for improvement!!

GMTURBO43 said:

But - the Murano (as well as many other new cars) have a feature that will roll the window back down should it feel any obstructions. This was explained to us when we bought the Murano and the sales guy offered to demonstrate on my hand...I declined. But he did roll up a towel and put it between the window and rolled it up - and sure enough it rolled back down.
you will find this will only work with the drivers window in most cars cause this window has auto up and down feature. The passenger windows generally don't have this safety feature.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hmm..interesting.

I'll have to ask the wife to stick her arm out of the window - see if it works in the Altima.

:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I, personally, HATE this feature. For the 5th time today, the windows in the MO have rolled themselves down. Not so bad, but add in the fact that it was POURING outside, pissed me off. 4 out of the 5 times they've done it, it's been raining. The other time, it was the middle of the night and when I went out to get the mail in the morning, I noticed that the windows were down. NICE!! Wish there was a way to disable this feature!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ski Zero said:
I, personally, HATE this feature. For the 5th time today, the windows in the MO have rolled themselves down. Not so bad, but add in the fact that it was POURING outside, pissed me off. 4 out of the 5 times they've done it, it's been raining. The other time, it was the middle of the night and when I went out to get the mail in the morning, I noticed that the windows were down. NICE!! Wish there was a way to disable this feature!
There is a technical service bulletin involving doors unlocking themselves and windows rolling down (I think). It involves replacing the electrical harness in the door.

Now if the windows are rolling down because you are accidentally pressing your control, well there's nothing the dealer can do about that.

I love the auto rolldown feature, since I have a dark car. Very useful for hot days, I can open the windows from a distance and let the car air out before I get in.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ski Zero-

The auto-roll down feature works perfectly as long as the power window system is properly adjusted. I recommend having the dealer investigate and correct the problem. You should not have to live with the problem.

-njjoe

·
Registered
33 Posts
This was happening to me with a faulty key fob. I actually purchased it from EBay, set it up per the instructions on this website, and I would wake up and find my windows partially rolled down.

Nissan replaced the fob free of charge under the 50k/3yr bumper to bumper warranty.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dvg said:
This was happening to me with a faulty key fob. I actually purchased it from EBay, set it up per the instructions on this website, and I would wake up and find my windows partially rolled down.

Nissan replaced the fob free of charge under the 50k/3yr bumper to bumper warranty.

Hope this helps!
I never would have suspected the key fob. That is good to know.

-njjoe

·
Registered
94 Posts
Excellent! I'll call the service department on Monday and get something worked out. For now though, I'm just going to leave it in the garage till I get this thing figured out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If that isn't convenient, we popped out the battery in the suspect key fob. This might save your 'stealership' as they're fondly refered to around here, some time. You could narrow down which one you think is causing the problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just yesterday when there was snow all over my car, I looked at the window and saw my two front windows were down. I ran outside to see a significant amount of snow on the front seats. I keep the intellikey in my front pocket and it must have been pressed when I was holding one of my kids on my lap. For me, this is a horrible feature (though I can see how it benefits others). Maybe my keyfob has an unlock button with too much "give" but I doubt that the keyfob is just totally broken (I am sure that the kids on my lap caused it).

We have so many options to control on the MO, I think this should have been one too. Correct me if I am wrong, but is my only option to go to my dealer with the fob and have them check out the springiness of the unlock button and possibly disable the auto-down feature? Is it even possible for the dealer to disable just that without affecting anything else?

I was so upset yesterday with all the snow in the car but, as with the water, I guess it just dries.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Went to the dealer today for an oil change (they do it for free since I got the car from them) and the steering lock recall fix. Told them about accidentally pressing the keyfob and windows opening. They "checked" it out and said there is a main window switch malfunction. There is nothing "wrong" with it. I just wanted to know if it could be disabled as it is not good for ME. I suspect, they will do anything to get a chance to do warranty work on the car. Needless to say, I will NOT be going back when the part arrives.

·
Shift|Live
183 Posts
you can also roll windows up and down while putting the key into the driver/ pass. door keyslot and holding it in unlock= opens windows and lock=closes windows..

also works in my 03 maxima.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts