Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During morning starts. The manual fan mode works though. Just the auto feature does not work when the cars cold. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
b0xdesigns said:
During morning starts. The manual fan mode works though. Just the auto feature does not work when the cars cold. Anyone else experience this?
I think the owners manual says the auto climate control, under some circumstances, might not begin to blow air until 30 seconds after the engine is started. This applies to when its very cold outside I think, where blowing cold air into the car would freeze you further. But since you are in SF, it never gets that cold there, sounds like maybe something is interfering with the outside air temp sensor? When was the last time you gave the front of your car a good spray with the hose. Might have some gunk blocking the sensor.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
When it's super cold here, it can take 10 minutes or more before air starts blowing. The computer is smart enough that if the engine isn't warm enough, and you want warm air, it won't blow anything until it is warm enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts