Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
5,268 Posts
Ford's problem is that the Batavia Plant cannot make reliable CVT's. They have quality/reliability issues..........at least that is what my sources say............

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, to be fair, it sounds like there is a fair amount of CVT failures with Nissan. Unfortunatly, I think most of the testing is left for the consumer to do. :3:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think it's true that most of the testing IS left up to the consumer, but really there is no reliable way to test wear and tear from everyday use without having out there for the consumers. For me this is fine, as long as no safety issues arise, AND the manufacturer handles all matters apporpriately...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the article! Looks like we MO owners are currently on the power curve of CVT technology.

:2: :1: :2:

·
4,664 Posts
Nissan's been using CVT's for over a decade. The engineering put into the control system for the CVT and engine on the Murano, is superb, as far as I've seen.

Failures? I haven't seen the data nor have I seen a huge amount of failures, so I don't agree that the CVT in the Murano is a weak spot. Of the failures reported, it would be interesting to know the nature of them. I can't recall a reocurring theme, which suggests to me what we've seen are just part or assembly defects. Has anyone else looked at all the reported failures and seen the same failure repeated?

However, time will tell. My biggest concern with a CVT replacement are the techs doing the work, because this is uncharted territory for most of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts