Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any accessory or other way that would allow the doors to autolock when the car is started or when the car starts moving. We have this feature in one of our other cars and forget to lock the door on the Murano. Thanks.

inewman

2005 Murano XL

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
yes there is... here's how you get it to work.

• Start up car
  • Place left hand index finger on lock button
  • Place right hand on shifter
  • Pull back on shifter with right hand, placing car in either (R) reverse or (D) drive
  • Press up on lock button with left hand index finger

Your car is now locked! :D

I couldn't resist!!

In all seriousness, I am not sure if there is a mod that lets you do this, but I am interested to see how one would work!

·
Registered
263 Posts
3rd party Car alarms will autolock your car for you when starting up and turning off your car. I really don't like the feature, it always seems to lock people out.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Recently I rented an 05 Toyota 4Runner while on a business trip. The 4Runner autolocked the doors when the car was put into gear - kind of clever. However, I found myself habitually relocking the doors anyways. I guess I have gotten used to locking the doors on the Murano before I get moving.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What is the reason you want to lock the doors when you are driving? I can understand locking the doors driving slowly thru a city or neighborhood if you are wary of someone trying to get into your car. But if you were in an accident I would prefer the doors to be unlocked so someone could get into the car to help. Child proof rear doors keep the doors from being opened by children.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I lock my doors mainly to prevent people from opening the doors when I am stopped at a stoplight. I guess coming from a big city has gotten me cynical like that. I like the autolock feature. On the Murano, I believe the front doors can be opened from the inside even if the lock is locked, so there is no reason not to lock the doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually the last time I looked Los Angeles was pretty big and in fact does have some dangerous areas . Contrary to popuar opinion we don't always drive on freeways.

Anyway, my other car is an Explorer that does have this feature and it is very convienent. We have become spoiled. I noticed that one of the other posters does have this feature as an option and I was wondering how to get that to work. I don't care about unlocking. That I can handle. Thanks.

Ira

·
Registered
717 Posts
The auto lock is a standard feature of the Viper 791VX alarm system with remote starter which I have on my 03 AWD SE. It works great, and I really like having it on the Murano. It is also able to be turned on or off by the installer, depending on your preference.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I also have it on my Clifford RSX 3.5 alarm on my Mo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seem the my 05 MO has a security system built in and remote start doesn't seem to be very important when the tempature rarly goes below 50.

Does anyone know of a mod that doesn't require the installation of an entire security system. Thanks.

Ira

·
Registered
629 Posts
inewman said:
It seem the my 05 MO has a security system built in and remote start doesn't seem to be very important when the tempature rarly goes below 50.

Does anyone know of a mod that doesn't require the installation of an entire security system. Thanks.

Ira
This *could* be [easily] programmed into the MO's computer, according to Nissan service technicians I've spoken to. Also, the ability to roll the windows UP using my key fob could ALSO be programmed in rather easily, since the logic is there. You can roll the windows DOWN with the key fob, and you can roll the windows UP using the key-in-the-door trick, it's just a matter of telling the computer to roll them up when it receives a certain signal from the fob, like holding the lock button for 4 seconds, for instance.

Now, the rub is -- find someone who knows WHAT to program into the computer, and has the proper equipment to do it, then, let me know!

:2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts