Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
@Mike Ball , what year Murano and trim level do you have?

I would guess it's a '19 or '20 with the automatic rear braking? If so, you can also turn RAB in the settings while you have the bike rack on.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano Platinum
6 Posts
It is a 2019 Platinum. Most likely I can turn the automatic braking off but I don't have the bike on very often so I'm not too concerned. I am more frustrated with the automatic tailgate foot activation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2020SL with the foot actuated automatic lift gate. Does anyone know how mounting a hitch for my bike rack will affect this? I don’t care about the foot feature itself in fact I’d like to unplug it if possible. I can’t find any documentation on the sensor itself.
The automatic tailgate foot activation still causes aggravation after I installed the hitch.The antenna is a short piece of coax located in the bottom of the plastic bumper. It does require that you kick on the left side of the receiver. The problem is that it is very particular about where you kick. It is to the point that I do not use it anymore because it rarely works and would cause me a great deal of frustration. I may open the bumper and see if I can move the antenna somewhere else that would make it work better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just found this in the 2019 Murano owners manual:

Tow hitches are available as an accessory for this vehicle. If a tow hitch is installed, the liftgate electronic control unit (ECU) needs to be replaced with an ECU programmed with towing logic for the Motion-Activated Liftgate to function properly.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts

Tow hitches are available as an accessory for this vehicle. If a tow hitch is installed, the liftgate electronic control unit (ECU) needs to be replaced with an ECU programmed with towing logic for the Motion-Activated Liftgate to function properly.
Wow. Good info, but I would guess that an ECU would be a substantial expen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I installed the Curt hitch myself complete with the wiring kit. Installing the hitch was simple. I did not even have to jack the car up and I did torque it to spec. The wiring kit installation was a bit more difficult but the on line video was quite clear. Nissan has pre-wired the power required to the rear of the car. Don't do this if you are not comfortable with removing panels and working with electrical stuff.
Now the automatic tailgate foot activation still causes aggravation.The antenna is a short piece of coax located in the bottom of the plastic bumper. It does require that you kick on the left side of the receiver. The problem is that it is very particular about where you kick. It is to the point that I do not use it anymore because it rarely works and would cause me a great deal of frustration. I may open the bumper and see if I can move the antenna somewhere else that would make it work better.

I do travel with a bike rack and when backing up, It does apply the brakes (hard). I have found that backing very slowly will eliminate it coming to a hard stop.
Same problem
Let us know if you find a fix

·
Registered
3 Posts

Did it work
What was the cost

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did it work
What was the cost
A new ECU is ridiculously expensive so I never did pursue it any further. I'm just going to continue with the workaround and most likely stop using the motion activator. It's a lot easier than trying to fix the problem with an ECU. Chances are it won't change anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020SL with the foot actuated automatic lift gate. Does anyone know how mounting a hitch for my bike rack will affect this? I don’t care about the foot feature itself in fact I’d like to unplug it if possible. I can’t find any documentation on the sensor itself.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts