Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this question was asked time and time again, but I ran into a problem. My dear husband says that my Mo doesn't have a SAT (and I didn't find one either) and so there's another way (he's not sure what way that is), but it's not possible to put in the PAC adapter.

There must be a way to do this, please help!:)

p.s. the radio is standard (not Bose):eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
you might have a CAT button

you might have a CAT button i have a 06 murano s also with the standard radio the older murano's has the SAT button. pac audio has an interface/aux for the standard radio it uses the satellite connection thats next to the spare tire. grom audio also has one the connect to the back of the radio and usa spec also has a interface connection so you do have three option. i myself is going to get the grom audio interface i like the features better. hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I have an 07 Murano S with the standard radio/CD player, and the PAC adapter will work. It takes some fiddling to get the right buttons pushed, but the PAC will come in on the SAT inputs. I have to mess with it every time to find the right button sequence, since I only use that option once a month or so...but it does work. I also had to install the PAC volume booster to make the gain from the Aux input equal that of the radio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2007 S with the standard radio and it does not have a SAT button on it, but it does have a CAT button, and there is a satellite connector in the back near the spare tire (looking from the back, its on the left hand side behind the rear seat). I put in a USA SPEC adapter and it works great (I use it both with an iPod and for aux input with my Android phone). I'm not familiar with the PAC line of products, but the USA SPEC line has 2 different models - one for the Murano and one for Infiniti. However, the model they say is for the Murano actually plugs in at radio (meaning you've got to pull the head unit out). The Infiniti model plugs into the satellite connector in the rear - that is one I got. It could be the same situation with the PAC products where some connect to the satellite harness in the rear and some connect to the head unit. If I recall correctly from reading some other threads, the connector for the head unit is 10 pins while the connector for the satellite in the rear is 15 pins. Hope this helps - good luck.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have a 2007 S with the standard radio and it does not have a SAT button on it, but it does have a CAT button, and there is a satellite connector in the back near the spare tire (looking from the back, its on the left hand side behind the rear seat). I put in a USA SPEC adapter and it works great (I use it both with an iPod and for aux input with my Android phone). I'm not familiar with the PAC line of products, but the USA SPEC line has 2 different models - one for the Murano and one for Infiniti. However, the model they say is for the Murano actually plugs in at radio (meaning you've got to pull the head unit out). The Infiniti model plugs into the satellite connector in the rear - that is one I got. It could be the same situation with the PAC products where some connect to the satellite harness in the rear and some connect to the head unit. If I recall correctly from reading some other threads, the connector for the head unit is 10 pins while the connector for the satellite in the rear is 15 pins. Hope this helps - good luck.
^ Exactly the same here. 07 S, standard radio with a CAT button, USA SPEC plugged into the sat connector behind the rear seat. Specifically this one:
USA SPEC: PA15-INFI

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm considering the USA SPEC PA15-NIS that connects to the sat connector behind the rear seat. I was wondering if it would charge both an iPhone and an older iPod? Also is there enough cable to route the iPhone/iPod cable up to the center console or the tray under the radio?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts