Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.pac-audio.com:

Expected shipping date is end of April (beta interfaces are being tested). The AAI-NIS works with a Satellite ready factory G35 radios. It has two auxiliary inputs selected by the SAT button on face of radio. The G35 Aux input is the first in the industry to use the steering wheel or radio buttons to send out commands to PAC's optional SWI-X which can be used to control an MP3 player, DVD, VCP or most devices that use an infrared remote. The AAI-NIS also comes with a negative remote output when ever in Aux mode. (This aux input will not work if the vehicle is already equipped with a satellite receiver).

·
4,601 Posts
Cool... If they figure out how to use the changer code instead, they could work with the Sat receiver.

·
4,601 Posts
It's a real product, just not out yet....

"We have two G35 we are testing right now and they seem to be working very well."

·
Registered
828 Posts
Whan asked about the murano:

I have no information if it will work on the Murano. As of right now
we are doing testing on the G35's, I am sure we will be doing more testing on more vehicles in the next up coming weeks. Check back with me in April and I will have more info on the unit.

Same radios?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As ALL of the Sat parts for the Murano 03 are identical to the G35 parts (you have to order the G35 parts!), this WILL work.

·
4,601 Posts
Yup, all the Nissans and Infinitis that support SAT all use the same Receivers, so emulating one, means it will work in all of them.:D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another nice feature they included is the option to control an aux device via the steering wheels controls. This only works if the device has support for an IR remote, but many probably do.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Darn! I spoke too soon! I went to their site. I won't be able to use it, since I have satellite radio. Argh! I was hoping for a AUX input that uses the CD changer input. Darn!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think that other AUX will work on our MOs as it says that It will work only on the 1997-1998 Nissan Maxima / Pathfinder / Infiniti I30 stereo shown above. Also it says that it is not available for sale yet (if ever). Why not just sell your XM receiver to a forum member and then install something like the Delphi kit. I don't know if it will sound any differnet than the one you have now.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mattsmurano said:
Darn! I spoke too soon! I went to their site. I won't be able to use it, since I have satellite radio. Argh! I was hoping for a AUX input that uses the CD changer input. Darn!
You could use a different sat receiver into one of the two aux inputs. But you would lose some of the nice display stuff, like song, etc.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yah, the integration is what is so important to me. I use the SAT more than I will need the AUX for the DVD player, so I will stay with the RF modulator until I can get an AUX adapter for the CD plug, or not at all if it nevet becomes available. Dad-burn-it!

·
4,601 Posts
I emailed them requesting that they alter the coding to emulate the external changer instead. After all, most people that are fanatical enough about their music to want to use this, will also want Sat.

There is no hardware change to do this. It's entirely how it identifies itself to the head unit, when first queried on power up.

And we know from the diagnostics in the Murano that it looks for a changer and the Sat.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
But my favourite is done with a signal generator that has RDS built in...

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm a little confused.

When this AUX input unit comes out, will it work in a Murano with the Bose / SAT radio? (with no SAT installed).

·
4,601 Posts
Yes it will.

It works by emulating a Sat receiver. The Murano's radio sends out requests for identificaton on the bus. Once it's confirmed there is a Sat receiver there, they exchange some information and then it's idle until the radio asks or commands something, like change channel, use a preset, etc. or the sat sends info like, here are the preset channel numbers, the names of each of the channels on the presets, the current channel number and name, as well as the artist and song title.

I've already started to tear this apart, and you can see some of the detail on my web site, if you're into that. I am prototyping something similar to what they're currently testing, but mine will allow a pc or PPC or Palm to connect and send data to the head unit as well as respond to commands from the radio buttons, such as channel up down, channel type, presets, steering wheel controls, as well as display information sent.

I have a real job, so it will take quite a while, unless someone steps up to help me out.

The steering wheel controls aren't perhaps as sophisticated for this as you might think. Most of the controls are radio controls. Source selection, on/off, volume, are all local controls. Only the channel button is going to be sent to the remote unit, unless they've come up with something unique.

And remember, press and hold on the steering wheel channel button is another command set.

On the G35, if you have an external changer attached, you select it with the CD button. I can't remember if it's press and hold or it toggles, but I've wondered if the Murano might do the same.

These guys aren't the first to emulate the sat. Phatnoise has had a product for a while and they can emulate the sat or the changer, depending on which firmware is loaded. By they use their system for the audio, not yours. This, of course, is the best part. I like the idea of connecting my iPaq and playing mp3's off that, knowing that the navigation I run on it, will also come through the same audio path.

Put a PC on there, and you could have mp3's, the sound for video, and any other device which can be plugged in the bus, or put on through USB. This means a DAB receiver in Canada and Europe or even a TV tuner. It really opens the door to some wild ideas!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
All I want to do is plug in my MP3 player via an aux input. I already have an FM transmitter and it sucks. Anybody got any suggestion?

Thank you, Roly:confused:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts