Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to get a murano SL AWD in May, i was wondering if i should be worried about availability then or not. I thought i heard somewhere that Nissan was not making that many, i may be totally wrong.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As I understand it, they plan on producing 50,000 units. I doubt there will be a problem with availability in May. You didn't hear that from a dealer who wants you to buy one now, did you?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I plan on seriously looking to buy a Murano in the early part of the summer too. I figure that should provide enough time to see if there are any serious problems with the Murano since I swore a long time ago that I would never buy a first production year car. But, it looks good so far as only minor stuff has been reported so far (wipers, etc.). If you've checked the Honda Pilot board, seems like the pilot is having some considerable problems (for example, flimsy door hinges). I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, I don't know how much of an impact it will have, but the fact that next year they are supposed to start production here in the US does not necesarrily give me a warm fuzzy. I've done some contractor work in a couple US car plants and you get a clear picture of why alot of american manufactured cars have all sorts of problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did't hear it from a dealer, but i just was a little worried that someone else would get my pretty new Murano sitting in its showroom over at the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts