Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On average, what are you guys paying for an extended warranty (security + plus)?

I'm not sure if I overpaid for mine or not, but I opted for the 72mo/75k mi (I don't drive a while lot), $0 ded for $1050.

Is that expensive??

I was told I could cancel it at any time for a pro-rated refund. And that for $50 it is transferable to a new owner if I sell my car.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gold Preferred

$1,195, and just brought the 05 AWD SE home this afternoon. Have been quoted up to $2,350 for the same thing!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAY

Is that with $0 ded or $50? How many years and miles?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Warranty..

100K, 84 mo. and $50 ded.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I paid $1050 for a 5yr 75K Gold...no deductible

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
raiser

yes, you can purchase this warranty before your basic warranty expires.

i talked to a local nissan dealer about this since i got mine from a private sale as well.

in canada, he gave me a quote of 1950$ for the platinum coverage... includes everything what i have right now until 120,000km or 2010. which i dont think is a bad one since i am not on highways a lot.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You guys might want to check out www.vikingwarranty.com. I use them for all my warranties, had a great service with them in the past. You can warranty just about anything through them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hilbe, Thanks for the link.. But from what I herd dealers arent too fond of calling a third party warranty company. Also I checked out the contract and the DVD / Navigation system is not covered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my Murano today and I paid $14 month for 60 months ($840) which is good for 60 months or 75,000 miles and includes all scheduled maintenance. I have never bought an extended warantee before, but I figure with oil changes I'd still be out around $650 with 25 oil changes. I hope it was the smart thing to do. I do love my new automobile :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
6 yrs or 100k miles
$1286
Security+Plus - Gold
$0 deductible
No charge cancel/transfer for state of TX

Doesn't cover any of the schedule maintenance though (sure wish it did 'cause I just paid $470 for my 30k service).

Faith, did you actually purchase the Maintenance+Plus plan (not the Security+Plus)? See a mention of that in my sevice and maint guide...

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
281 Posts
84/100,00 0 deductible $1500.00

·
Registered
46 Posts
84 mo, 100,000 miles, $1250, $50 deductable, Gold Pref.

My dealer told me that the only way to get Gold Preferred was to buy it at vehicle purchase. I told him I thought he was bull****ting me...but I got it 'cause I was gonna get it anyway.

I have yet to check into his statement.

But I am going to.

·
Registered
132 Posts
rbsmo04,
Check out your sevice manual. My 2003 manual, page 12 details the Security+Plus and Maintenance+Plus plans.

Quote:
Security+Plus coverage can be pruchased any time within your vehicle's original 3-year/36,000-mile warranty period.

If you didn't purchase Maintenance+Plus at the time you bought your vehicle, you still have an opportunity to buy a new-vehicle policy any time within the first 3 months or 3,750 miles of the original vehicle sale date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would assume the 2004 and 2005 sevice guides read the same...

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks Lil Bit! I'll do it!

AND I'll let you know what happens after I confront my dealer....

Hummm...and they want me to fill out that survey! LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts