Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I absolutely love my MO, but the moment I signed on the dotted line to buy her, the service at Central Carolina Nissan in Southern Pines, NC became utter crap. Here's just some of the pain I've had to endure with these people:

- the MO I wanted was at another dealership in VA (about 300 miles away). I needed it by a Thursday since I had to do a lot of travelling. Dealership said, "no problem. We'll send a guy Wednesday night to get it. He'll stay overnight then drive it back early morning. It'll be here by Thursday afternoon." Great, I thought. Except the dealership lied to me and the driver didn't leave until Thursday morning. And my MO didn't arrive until about 10pm Thursday night. Not good considering I planned on being on the road 5 hours prior!!

- The dealership said I could wait until Friday morning to pick it up or pick it up Thursday night and they would have staff on-hand waiting for me. Since I had to travel right away and make up some time, I decided to pick it up that night. I started to remove the protective plastic from the mats, door frames, windows, put the tags on the back, etc. I started all this myself expecting someone on the staff would be courteous enough to give me a hand. They simply crossed their arms and watched! And only offered to help after I was about 3/4s of the way done already.

- My MO was dirty as hell when it arrived and barely had any gas. Because it was already 10pm, the dealer said, "come back Monday and we'll detail it back to showroom new and fill it up with gas for you." So I came back Monday, waited around for a couple of hours while it got detailed. They called me to tell me it was finished and let me tell you, it looked like garbage! NOWHERE NEAR showroom new. Bugs still on the windshield, water spots everywhere, dirt in the carpet. I told them they better do it again and do it right. I waited for another 3 HOURS before they got it right. After wasting 5 hours, I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. While driving home, I noticed they forgot to fill my MO with gas!!

- There was a mistake in my contract. Dealership said, "no big deal. Numbers won't change. Just need to correct something." I told them, "I'll be damned if I come to you for your mess-up!" I told them to mail it to me or send a driver out here. They told me they would send a driver out to my house at 7pm that night since they needed the paperwork fixed right away. I put my plans on hold for that night and waited, and waited...8:30pm rolls around and still no driver. I called the dealership and they said the driver couldn't make it out there tonight. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW!

- I spoke to one of their managers about their shotty service. He asks me if there's anything they can do. I requested they install satellite radio into my MO. Not a big deal right? It's not like I was asking for $10,000 cash back. Well he tells me they can't put satellite radio in for free, but he can give me a "substantial discount." They normally charge $645 for equipment and labor. I'm thinking they'll give me at least a 50% discount. What do they offer as a "substantial discount?" $75 off! ARE YOU ON CRACK?! That's a spit in the bucket! Especially since I've already lost about $50 because they never topped off my MO with gas in the first place.

Now, I'm a pretty laid back guy (I'm in the Army, and getting shot at really teaches you how not to sweat the small stuff). But what irritates me the most is that NONE of those issues were complicated issues requring complicated fixes. Every fix was a simple one that merely requires attention to detail, follow through, and hard work. Good organizations do the simple things perfect everytime the first time. In my humble opinion, Central Carolina Nissan is not one of those organizations, and YOU SHOULD AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. As a result, I will gladly go out of my way to avoid Central Carolina Nissan in the future come service/maintenance time. And whenever someone asks about my MO (which is often), I will gladly take the few seconds to say "I love my car, but the service at Central Nissan was horrible." Finally, I will happily take the time and go through the painstaking process of removing the "Central Carolina Nissan Southern Pines, NC" sticker on the back. I refuse to advertise for them for free!

I apologize for the long post but I just want to make sure no one goes through what I did! Plus I needed to vent a little :D

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
I feel your frustration. I also have a couple of issues with the dealership. But in you case it seems like they just does not care about you at all. If I would be on your place I would at least call Nissan North America and file a complaint. It might do nothing, but it will defiantly not make things worth.:(

·
4,664 Posts
It's amazing how a lousy dealer can trash your experience with the vehicle. Hopefully you have another dealer you can go to. And fast. Unless there's some reason you have to, I'd never go back to them.

Yes, kill them in the survey. Write a letter to Nissan as well.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My dealership is just as bad with service. It's Nissan bro... once you sign for the car and they made that sale... they care very little about you.... In my experience anyhow.

I have stories I could share as well with how crappy the service dept is. I can't believe I'm on my 3rd Nissan after how much trouble and hate I have towards Nissan. (240sx, Maxima, Murano) I just love the cars specifly. But they have crappy workers, right up to the main office with the V.P.'s in Texas that I've called and wrote letters to in the past.

(Of course, I'm just speaking from my expierence and not for all dealers, although I do feel it is the majority.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get what you pay for...

As I've said previously, I love my MO. IMO, you get the most bang for your buck. But now I'm thinking, at what cost? Lexus, Acura, and BMW may cost more, but their service is exceptional. You are treated as part of a team and not simply as a faceless number like with my Nissan dealership. Most importantly, they make you FEEL like your money is well spent, unlike Nissan, even if I am saving a few dollars. (My car before my MO was a Lexus).

Thankfully, there is another Nissan dealership I can go to. We'll see how they do!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After that horrible experience I had with the above mentioned dealership, they agreed to install satellite radio for $399! That includes purchasing the equipment and labor! I'm definitely jumping on this deal, especially considering that I'll probably have my MO for at least the next 4-5 years. Normal cost is $650 or so.

I get it installed this Saturday. We'll see how things go and if they can finally do something right. And if all goes well with this, then maybe they'll get a "Somewhat Poor" instead of a "Very Poor" on my customer satisfaction survey :D

·
4,664 Posts
I assume that's the OEM one, but make sure.

That is indeed a good deal!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup it's definitely OEM. But knowing this effed-up dealership, they'll probably put the antenna on the windshield in my direct line of sight. It amazes me how clueless a multi-million dollar organization can be!

If only Lexus made the Murano (without increasing the price of course) all would be good...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

I can't believe this dealership! I finally made an appointment to get my Sirius OEM radio installed for the outstanding price of $399 because of all the crap I've gone through with this dealership (see first posting for details). The *ONE* thing I specifically asked is for the antenna to be centered since I know from reading some threads on this forum, the directions say to mount the antenna off-centered. So guess where this dealership mounts the antenna? Off-centered! I couldn't believe it!

Oh, and guess what else...they installed XM instead of Sirius! Despite the fact that my appointment had to be delayed a couple of days so they could wait for the Sirius receiver to come in (they were out of stock). When I saw that, I grabbed the sales manager and matter of factly told him, "You have got to be kidding me. I am not paying for this."

To their credit, this dealership is now giving me and installing Sirius completely FREE OF CHARGE!! I guess it also helped that I told him that I have a very detailed and lengthy complaint on file with NNA that is currently in "hold status" and that I have yet to send in my customer survey where I give them the worst possible marks, but can easily change it before mailing it in. I'm giving this dealership every opportunity to compensate me. If they can finally get it right, I'll revoke my complaint with NNA and give them better marks on the survey.

Moral of the story: if you received bad treatment from a dealership, the only thing you have on them that can hurt them is your survey (aside from never giving them any more business). Once you turn that in, the dealership will have no incentive to take care of you. So next week, I'll see if they can finally do SOMETHING right...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
At least you are getting it for free. So that is good. Have them install the antenna in the hidden compartment inside the hatch so you don't have to deal with it at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great suggestion! Thanks! Though it involves a little more work, and I'm not sure I trust this dealership's know-how. They seem to eff up even the most simpliest of tasks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts