Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys so I located this filling bolt (the one thaz hard to get to which took me two minutes with a 10mm allen wrench and a hammer) and drain bolt right adjacent to transmission (driver side). I assume thaz the "transfer case". So where is the front differential? Or are they the same thing?

Also, just did the transmission flush through the intercooler return line (23k miles). Pretty easy. 4Qt out 4Qt in, 2 times. Done. The old fluid does look dark but still semi clear. Haven't got to drive it yet cuz I am still working on power steering and brake fluid. Will keep u'all updated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front differential is the part the front axles attach to, opposite the front wheels.
I am still not too sure where you are referring to, but I'll try to trace the front axles back in and see if I can find it later today. Would I access from the oil filter side (passenger side) or driver side? Would draining bolt be underneath like the transfer case? or it's side way like rear differential? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, no luck. I looked around where the front axle attached and nothing looks like filler bolt or drain bolt. I went ahead and changed out the transfer case and rear differential oil. Man oh man, weren't they dirty surprisingly only after 23k miles.

I am gonna step into dealership and ask them directly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the front differential is part of the transmission, aka transaxle if you had only a FWD model there would be no transfer case, the transaxle/transmission uses the transmission fluid, you did what you needed to do the transfer case and rear diff are what uses gear oil, im gonna do mine in a few weeks when it warms up if yours were dirty at 23k i can only imagine mine at 50k :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
fullerltl
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing