Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my MO about two weeks now...and being the middle of the summer obviously haven't needed the AWD lock or heated seats yet.

So I was sitting at a red light this weekend, kinda fiddling with things waiting to go. I reach down and pushed the AWD Lock button (for no particular reason other than I have never pushed it) and imagine my surprise when, instead of turning on...the button just dropped out of the little hole! I didn't push it hard at all -- it just doesn't appear like it was ever connected to the console -- seems like it was just sort of sitting there. After staring it for a few momments, I reached next to it to try the heated seat buttons, with the exact same result. So now I have three little holes with the buttons floating around beneath them. :mad: Luckly it was already going back this week for other issues (TPMS problem in another thread.) GRR!!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ah man, looks like your MO finally shook, rattled, and rolled its way to busting up the interior trim. My guess is that it was weakly glued on from the factory or a little plastic tab that was holding it in place broke. Good luck with your dealer visit.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Actually I had this same problem when I had some speakers installed. You can just pull the trim around them off then seat them in the trim, then put the trim back in place, if I remember correctly. I think you may need to remove the tray first (it just pops out too).

Something a little heavy probably got set on them, and they popped loose. No big deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine a few days after driving it off the lot. The reason they gave me was that the clips holding the buttons were defective and they replaced them for me. Total waste of my time none the less, since they had to order it in and made me go in twice.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Same thing happened to me... but I was able to pull the switch and lock it back into place. Its been fine since.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assumed (well was hoping) that they would just pop back into place. Given that it as already going back today anyway, though, and it is less than two weeks old, I figured let the dealer fix it!

Now if they tell me it's going to have to come back again for it, I'm going to start to get really irritated...my dealer experience thus far has been less than stellar.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
skunkiechris said:
Now if they tell me it's going to have to come back again for it, I'm going to start to get really irritated...my dealer experience thus far has been less than stellar.
In all fairness to the dealer, they cannot repair it if they don't have the part. Unless of course you ask them to put the old one back together....but then I would not trust that repair...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zebelkhan said:

In all fairness to the dealer, they cannot repair it if they don't have the part. Unless of course you ask them to put the old one back together....but then I would not trust that repair...
Oh no, I totally understand that -- but if it has to go back we'll see how they handle it. The car was a dealer transfer, and they delivered it 6 days late -- each day "No, we're sending someone down to pick it up tomorrow, I promise." Then when they did deliver it, it was without several items they promised completed, and with a defective TPMS. I told them I would take it, and bring it back to have TPMS and other stuff taken care of, but I would need a loaner.

So, of course, nobody called about the TPMS part being in, and when I finally called after a week I got a "Oh yeah, we've had that" response. Then I asked for the loaner, and was told they don't provide loaners. Even after explaning I discussed it with the dealer manager, the clerk STILL insisted they don't do it!! Eventually I convinced her to speak to the dealer manage, and she called back stating they would get me a rental. When I dropped the MO off last night, at the EXACT time I said I would be there, they did not have the rental. They had to call the rental company to come pick me up -- so I had to wait ~30 mins. Then, when I got to the rental company, I was told the dealer would only cover the basic level, which was a Hyundai Accent!!! WTF?? Needless to say I paid the extra money to be upgraded, but it's the principal. This is NOT the way to deal with someone who just plunked down $41k (it's pretty loaded) on a car at your dealership!!

/end rant :)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
skunkiechris said:

Oh no, I totally understand that -- but if it has to go back we'll see how they handle it. The car was a dealer transfer, and they delivered it 6 days late -- each day "No, we're sending someone down to pick it up tomorrow, I promise." Then when they did deliver it, it was without several items they promised completed, and with a defective TPMS. I told them I would take it, and bring it back to have TPMS and other stuff taken care of, but I would need a loaner.

So, of course, nobody called about the TPMS part being in, and when I finally called after a week I got a "Oh yeah, we've had that" response. Then I asked for the loaner, and was told they don't provide loaners. Even after explaning I discussed it with the dealer manager, the clerk STILL insisted they don't do it!! Eventually I convinced her to speak to the dealer manage, and she called back stating they would get me a rental. When I dropped the MO off last night, at the EXACT time I said I would be there, they did not have the rental. They had to call the rental company to come pick me up -- so I had to wait ~30 mins. Then, when I got to the rental company, I was told the dealer would only cover the basic level, which was a Hyundai Accent!!! WTF?? Needless to say I paid the extra money to be upgraded, but it's the principal. This is NOT the way to deal with someone who just plunked down $41k (it's pretty loaded) on a car at your dealership!!

/end rant :)
Unfortunately, Nissan does not provide a loaner unless you have the extended warranty. My dealer doesn't provide a loaner either, but they do have a smelly Quest shuttle service.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One advantage to my dealer was when purchased from them they will provide a loaner when the car is in for warranty work. This is through the dealer and not Nissan.

I feel your pain. I just don't understand either. I had the same parts issue. They ordered a part through the service center but didn't call me when the parts dept had it.

There is a disconnect between the service and parts department that needs some attention. The customer should not have to call to find out when the part is in for service to do their job.

Nissan, Nissan, Nissan what are we gonna do with you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts