Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor today that the Maxima might at some time have AWD. Has anyone heard this rumor? Sure would give Audi a run for its money. . .

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
When the 2004 Maxima was originally announced two years ago, Nissan stated that the platform could be adapted for AWD. The in 2003 Nissan did just that - they built the Murano.

I wouldn't hold my breath for an AWD Maxima. It would be cool but I doubt the Maxima is high volume enough for Nissan to consider it.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Eric .. i partially agree with you...

yet, with Honda's super handling AWD (SHAWD) in Acura RL, it seems likely that honda may adapt this similar technology to its accord line. Toyota, may follow after that, adapting awd in camry.

Nissan, in order to be competitive against the accord/camry, might be forced to have awd option in maxima.
Nissan already promised they will deliver hybrid technology (bought from toyota) in altima sedan as 2007 model.
I bet this is because of the same reason: competition presure from honda and toyota hydrid.

In response to the 1st post above, audi A4 quartro (i own one) is totally a different class than maxima/accord/camry.
< When i say class, i mean: luxury, customer target, and NOT performance>

Nissan's inifinity line is on par with audi and that is why the G35 have awd option to compete with A4 quartro. In audi perspective, VW passat is maxima's match!
Off course, passat has an edge here when one is speaking about awd because of the 4motion technology. But, Maxima is indeed a beautiful car, and IMHO, more reliable than VWs ;)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
TopazM3 said:
Wrong platform... MO built on Altima platform. Maxima and Z built on FM platform

The FWD Maxima is built on an extended FWD Altima platform (as is the Quest).

Soooo many people on Maxima.org wished the Maxima was on the FM platform. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts