Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

The other day, I picked up my car from a parking garage and noticed that the AWD button had been pushed through the mounting bracket.

Are the any instructions available on how I can dissassemble my console so that I can remount the AWD button?

Thank you,
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think I read a similar case happening before somewhere else on the forum. From what I know, its pretty complicated taking the center console apart, you might just want to have the dealer take care of it under warranty.

The real question would be, did the valet in your parking garage push the button while driving your car?

·
4,601 Posts
I did that on mine, minutes after I was punished with the "upgrade". Push it in further and you can grab the part it mounts into, and pull the whole panel that holds all the switches, right out. Then you can reseat the switch and make sure the catches are engaged, and push the whole thing back in.

I'd take a picture but....

It happens when people think it's a rocker switch, like it used to be, or like the seat heaters.

WTF was he messing with the AWD for in the first place? Maybe you can suggest to them that if there are any transfer case issues, you'll be having a chat with them about the costs.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

thanks for the help!

I have no idea what he was doing, unfortunately, I didnt notice it was broken until a few days later. I usually get back from the airport really late and I could care less than to do a full inspection of the Murry.

At any rate, it is the last time I will be taking it there.

Thanks again!
jmhticket

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
This had happened to me from the dealer! However I used a paper clip and was able to pull the switch back into place enough to cause it to lock back in. Hasn't been an issue since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This happened to me two weeks ago. I took it to the dealer and they told me the clip that holds the button in place broke. They had to order the part and I had it fixed yesterday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Happened to me as well. Had just swapped an 03 SE for an 05 SL and noticed the AWD button fell into the console. Couldn't get it back myself so the dealer ordered a part only to come back and say the entire mounting plate was warped and the mount wouldn't hold. They ordered that part and it looks good but I haven't dared push the AWD button yet.

·
4,601 Posts
It holds if you are careful to ensure the switch is engaging in the plastic shell fully.

It is a weak design, unfortunately, and when you're used to the rocker switch that the carrier was designed for, you push it through. The push button loads the carrier much more heavily, but it was never made to carry it in the first place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just happened to me today. I just popped off the plastic piece that it mounts to and pushed it back up. Then pushed the plastic piece back down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts