1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks enforcer......

good reads!!

knowledge is power!

in florida, VDC wouldbe mostly useful for the heavy rain downpours, but, the awd is a lso gonna be helpful then./.....

to clarify, my awd is on all of the time, and when i push the lock button, the poiwer is a 50/50 split??

thnx again

eSe

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a ha!!

i am going to my dealer this week to meet with them in regards to my sat radio BS... i will also ask them as to why i was pushing the autolock feature at 60mph to (their words) "shift from fwd to awd mode"......

thank goodness it was the test car not mine

enf- either you can clean the underbelly of your car , or thas a file photo.... either way, nice imagery of the trans. case....

i see a part that appears a bit weak, or thin........ can you guess????? (am looking to replace this amongst other easy to-do goodies)
:cool:

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enforcer said:
When I bought the Z and MO, I had the dealer put it on the rack and I took underside photos for my website. They of course thought I was :ucrazy: .

It doesn't hurt to press the AWD lock at 60mph, the computer just ignores it above 18mph.

I don't know of any aftermarket stabilizer bars for the MO.
:ucrazy: :ucrazy: :ucrazy: in a good way brother........

per the OM, you are not to use the autolock feature in dry conditions/pavement.....

now im thinking i misunderstood this all.......

dang!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well...I wouldn't run with the lock on all the time. That pic is of the AWD control unit and rear differential. Remember, this car is primarily FWD. Don't know if extended use would hurt it, but the AWD is for slippery conditions, not dry pavement. I would think consume more gas or wear tires...something along those lines.

·
4,664 Posts
I have felt some binding in the drive train while taking tight corners on dry pavement in AWD. To me, that's a good sign! But obviously, not a good habit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
jaak
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing