Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
2010 Murano. Does not appear to go into AWD. On a car lift with AWD on, the rear driveshaft will not turn. What engagesthe transfer case? AWD light flashes on dash and AWD lock is lit. Rear wheels will not spin/assist on snow/ice while the front spins. Please help me. I will be taking the transfer case out to replace the dreaded seals as.the transmission is leaking CVT fluid. Between the t+case and transmission. It is dripping out the weep whole.
All-Wheel Drive (AWD) is controlled by the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) and mechanically actuated by an electronically-controlled clutch in the rear differential. If the AWD light is flashing then the TCCM has temporarily disabled AWD because it is detecting either excessive load in the rear differential (fast blinking--2 times per second) or it detects a noticeable difference between the front and rear tire diameters (slow blinking--1 time every 2 seconds).

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's my understanding the driveshaft turns whenever the front wheels are moving. And like @I need coffee mentioned above, the power only engages the differential when a signal is sent to the electronically-controlled clutch in the rear differential.

It seems odd to me that your driveshaft isn't turning along with the front wheels when on the lift... Have you checked for metal in your transfer case? I wonder if something is really broken in there...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am pulling the transfer case next week. I did not know if it is controlled via the transmission or runs the transfer case and output full time.
MuranoSL2003 is correct. The rear propeller shaft that connects the transfer case with the rear differential should always be turning when the car is moving. If it isn't then something is broken inside the transfer case

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agree with everyone else here, something not good in your transfer case. Check for weeping fluid where transmission meets the transfer case and also check oil level in transfer case. Good luck getting to the fill bolt to check level, you will need a 12mm offset wrench it's really hard to get at. I hope the final drive in the tc isnt grinded out or something with the seals and/or o-rings worn out. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts