Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 nissan murano awl light comes on after moving the car after start up. Has a high pitch in front light transfer case inguaged possible. Didnt see any codes in engine, transmission or any other codes. Figure for the worst transmission problems. Would appreciate any guidence I could receive. Thank U

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
What does "Has a high pitch in front light transfer case inguaged possible" mean? I don't understand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does "Has a high pitch in front light transfer case inguaged possible" mean? I don't understand.
has a sound of a rear end without proper lube. Wasnt a light it was like transfer case ingaged type of sound. I read in a post U arent supposed to drive it with the light staying on because it engages the 4 wheel drive but I see no codes. I need to check the wheel speed sensors with my scanner to see if there is a diffence between front and back wheels because it said if there is a difference it will set the light on.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
OK, that helps. There should be no different sound when the transfer case is engaged. If it makes noise, there's a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there is a problem I actual thought it was a left front wheel hub and I changed it with no difference
I think the tranfer case is staying engaged

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there is a problem I actual thought it was a left front wheel hub and I changed it with no difference
I think the tranfer case is staying engaged

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Can you tell if the transfer case is leaking? It only holds about 310ml of fluid. If there is fluid leaking in that area, check the level. There's a TSB for transfer case leaks covering certain VINs in the first few years of the 2nd generation Muranos (see PDF attachment).

Attachments

Reactions: Bulgaria

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you tell if the transfer case is leaking? It only holds about 310ml of fluid. If there is fluid leaking in that area, check the level. There's a TSB for transfer case leaks covering certain VINs in the first few years of the 2nd generation Muranos (see PDF attachment).
Ok will check it out and I really appreciate Ur help. Take care

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Ok will check it out and I really appreciate Ur help. Take care
The plug for fluid level checking on the transfer case can be difficult to reach, but it's possible. There are discussions of this if you search - Harbor Freight has an inexpensive wrench set with the right offset to get at the plug.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 9 of 9 Posts