Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as of Friday evening at 8:30 PM, I became a Nissan Murano owner again!

Those of you who might remember me will probably remember my horrible luck with my 2003 Nissan Murano. Great car, bad luck with accidents that I wasn't sure if I could attribute to the car, the street or a hex on me. But the MO did protect me very well and having observed multitudes of accidents on the same street, I'm thinking the street (Campus Drive by John Wayne Airport, Irvine, CA.) is cursed. I just stay away from that street now.

My wife and I flew up to Oakland, CA on Friday evening. North Bay Nissan sent a driver down for us and took us an hour north to Petaluma. I had a great experience with them... worlds better than the experience I got trying to buy a high mileage MO on the East Coast from an Acura dealership. North Bay Nissan cut down to a bottom-line price in 10 minutes on their car. Their car had 20,005 miles (44,000 miles less than the East Coast car) and far more equipment including DVD player, tow package and XM Radio. The MO was $4K more than the East Coast MO (price of the car + shipping) but $4K is well worth having a lower mileage MO with warranty still in effect.

The MO is oustanding! It's a 2004 model, Midnight Blue/Cafe Latte, SL AWD, Nav, DVD Player, Tow package, XM Radio... literally every single option available.

Driving back from Petaluma to Huntington Beach (where my wife and I live) was comfortable and uneventful... even at the fast pace we were keeping. We had the MO travelling at 85-100 mph most of the trip and averaged 18.8 mpg (on the trip computer) or 18.4 mpg by manual calculation. This was with the A/C on. I suspected the dealership, who was kind enough to give me a full tank of gas, used 87 octane. No pinging was heard though.

Just south of Bakersfield, I stopped to top-off the tank. (I was at 1/4 tank left) I used premium (91 octane) and drove the rest of the way home. Today, my wife and I went to Temecula for wine tasting and back and we're down to 1/4 tank again. I check my average mpg and I saw 19.8 mpg. Considering that I was travelling at 80+ mph most of the time, that's really good for such a large vehicle.

Bob

·
4,601 Posts
Hey Bob, welcome back!

Just listening to your description of the drive had me picturing it... Wish I could drive my Murano in CA!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Welcome back.....and I know it is difficult to do but lower your speed a bit.....especially after wine tasting.....:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts