Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing to go wrong with my Murano in 23,000k, the back brakes started grinding, I figured it was sand & salt from the highways, took it to my dealer and both pads were down to metal on metal, dealer replaced both rear rotors and pads under warranty, they figured somebody on the assembly line missed greasing the slides for the pads. I also had him check the front and clean them up as well.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
About what some disks get, Don't know why, but Nissan's seem to wear out the rears, first. Some think it is the force distribution system at work, Maybe. :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I've read about similar issues with the G35 (mentioned by Grip) and on the 350Z forums - that Nissans with EBD tend to wear the rear brakes quickly.

Ah well, the price of having short braking distances.

·
5,100 Posts
I should have noted that the rear rotors and disks are smaller that the fronts so their is less wearing area, I don't know if the pad thickness is different or not, another potential.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
At about 45,000 miles I had to replace my back brake pads. The fronts were about 50% wore they told me. I believe it's a combination of the Electronic Brake Distribution and that rear disc brakes wear out faster due to more exposure to dirt thrown up by the front wheels (compared to drum brakes).

The good news is, my low speed brake squeel has disappeared entirely.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
ever since it got cold the brakes on our mo started squeeling at low speeds. now that it's warmer they still are. does anyone have an idea on what the problem is??

·
5,100 Posts
What is warmer in Edmonton,AB ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts