Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week we roadtripped the Murano to Disney World and back - there were about 2000 miles put on in a week. Here's how she did!

Comfort: Fantastic! My back wasn't sore or anything, just needed some stretching of the legs from time to time. Definitely great for long trips, with the variable lumbar being set differently once in awhile for however you feel at the time.

Ride: Smooth, silky. What more can I say. The SL ride is great.... I felt the annoyance of stretches of highway where it was block concrete instead of asphalt, but I'd have felt/heard that in any vehicle.

Sound: Not silent at speed, but not bad, more road noise than wind noise. Measuring stick: Talk radio is heard loud and clear, some music requires bass to be turned down to hear clearly if you dont have the volume up (talking to passenger, passenger sleeping, etc)

Burning question - GAS!: I decided to keep track. For this trip I also decided to keep costs down by going with 89 octane instead of 91/93. Good news all around: Lowest mileage tank all week was 19+ mpg, highest was 23 and a quarter. Now, anybody who knows the orlando area knows how jammed I4 can be for a few hours on either end of the workday. The 19-odd tank didn't even happen during the week of driving back and forth from our hotel (near Universal) to Disney. It happened during a huge traffic jam near Jacksonville on the way home. The drive down plus the week stay averaged 21.1 overall, while the trip home, with several stops, averaged 23.4 !!! I'm one happy camper. (Edit: my speeds were generally around 70-75mph for the most part of the highway truckin')

Added bonuses: Garmin GPS and XM Radio meant never lost and never too bored. Huge center console provided storage for all my CDs plus the GPS when not in use. Sheer space of the Mo meant we were comfortable and all our luggage and more (I took down a speaker cabinet and brought home yet another bass guitar, for example) fit into the cargo bay with no problems.

Man I love this car. But I'm not doing any driving at all today, thank God. Was a long 15 hours yesterday to get home, thanks to traffic and weather problems.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I remember I did a roadtrip after i just bought the murano for 2 weeks

I had less mpg as the engine was still in the process of break in.
Per sugestion of this forum, i did not use the cruise control at all. Instead, i varied the rpm throughout the range, using the D and Ds.
I drove around 1,400 miles , 700 miles one way, from east coast to mid west. Overall i enjoy the murano. The engine is powerful, and fun to drive, trunk space is also awesome. NOt to mention lots of staring from fellow roadtrippers on my new ride :p

I also, will never loss, as i use the navtech navigation emap in my ipaq connected to gps setllite. I use the ibm microdrive 1GB as the storage and hence i could load almost all united states maps at a time.

One think that i regret is no xm. And boyy, i wish i had it. I brought 20+ cds during that roadtrip and i had all them listened in the first 6 hours. The rest of the time, I was hitting my self why no XM :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was still breaking in as well, had 500 miles when I started the trip, so for most of the trip down, I was varying the speed and RPMs as well, using Ds from time to time between pauses or stops...

by the end though I was cruisin' all over the place =0)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Dave

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. I took an 80 mile round trip yesterday on I4 and Fla. Turnpike. I found it hard to vary the RPM's. Car liked to stay right around 2000 unless I was constantly pressing down on Gas pedal to increase speed (which usually I have no problem with). I can't imagine doing that all the time on such a long trip. I've got @ 750 miles on it now so the break in will be over soon. I can't wait to not have to worry about constantly varying RPM.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
pcs15394... maybe you want to try the Ds

it is easier to vary the rpm in those gear setting...

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Tell me more....

What's the purpose behind varying the RPMs? In my SE, should I just use manual mode to do that? I haven't used the manual mode much for fear of driving it too hard in its break-in period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts