Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
RU you pulling the release handle while moving it? I can't remember if you need to but I think you do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled everything I could put my hands on, I even tried the other seat and all I had to do was lift the seat and it worked. I will be making my weekly trip to the dealership tomorrow bright and early

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked this????

This might sound crazy. I have an 05 Murano. I had a hard time locking my backseat in place after I had laid it flat. It took me and the custodian at my school about 20 minutes to figure it out. We finally figured out that the pull strap on the seat was in the way of the latching mechanism. I felt stupid when that's all it turned out to be. Trying pulling on the strap before locking it...and make sure as you push the seat into place it doesn't slide back. Just a thought.....I havern't had a problem since that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had my Murano for more than 2 years now and the same thing happened to me the other day. The little pull strap got caught around the hinge and kept releasing the lock when the seat was placed in the up position. Take a look at the pull strap on the other seat to get an idea how it should be threaded through the hinge.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same thing happened to me recently. It's the pull strap, just try to thread it thru the correct place and it will lock! I was so frustrated, and after 10 mins of flipping the seat back and having it flip forward, I finally noticed the strap.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Gonzo said:
RU you pulling the release handle while moving it? I can't remember if you need to but I think you do.
MMMMMMMM I can also predict winning loto tickets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had no idea I had a pull strap or where it was before now

I am so grateful for this forum! I have used the seat release function since 2004 when I first purchased my Murano. It wasn't until this week that I learned the seats have a strap that will release the seat on the side of the seat. I always used the handle release near the back hatch. I went to the dealership for help and was told I would have to pay $80 for diagnostics to find out why the seat would not lock in up position. This forum is priceless and my seat is now functioning correctly once I was able to see the mysterious strap I didn't know existed. Thanks!:)

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
Reading the owners manual is an oft-neglected pastime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts