Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I drive my wife nuts because everytime I see another MO (which is happening a lot lately) she turns to me and says, "Are you going to point out every Murano that you see?".

Of course I must answer proudly with a "Yes and you should too". :D

Well the other day after seeing several MO's my wife and I are walking with our two kids in the stroller when all of a sudden another family is next to us with the same stroller! My wife turns to me and says "Hey look they have the same stroller we do." Of course I couldn't help myself and replied, "Are you going to point out every stroller that is like ours?"....

I had to walk home that day..... :(

·
5,268 Posts
Re: Re: Back to my wife

But I bet it was worth it...Good come back! :D
Hm..........I would not be so sure..........things like this have loooong life.........they will haunt you forever…..

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just wait till you go to dinner and someone orders the same meal as you do.

This could be lots of fun at McDonalds :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Gonzo said:
OK so I drive my wife nuts because everytime I see another MO (which is happening a lot lately) she turns to me and says, "Are you going to point out every Murano that you see?".

Of course I must answer proudly with a "Yes and you should too". :D

Well the other day after seeing several MO's my wife and I are walking with our two kids in the stroller when all of a sudden another family is next to us with the same stroller! My wife turns to me and says "Hey look they have the same stroller we do." Of course I couldn't help myself and replied, "Are you going to point out every stroller that is like ours?"....

I had to walk home that day..... :(
:2:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I wave past every single mo I drive by. My girl makes fun of me... I DON"T CARE !! Sometimes we'll be in the car with others, I'll give a quick little wave trying to pretend i'm going to brush my hair... and she goes I saw that... did you see a Murano ? Hey, she likes to feel connected to others who watch the soaps and reality shows as her, I feel a connection with other Murano owners (even if they don't notice me).

I do have to admit once I waved to a guy next to me at a light and my girl said... your not even your car. Whoops... so the guy thinks I dug him... o well.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Uhmmm...

TheGymKid said:
I wave past every single mo I drive by. My girl makes fun of me... I DON"T CARE !! Sometimes we'll be in the car with others, I'll give a quick little wave trying to pretend i'm going to brush my hair... and she goes I saw that... did you see a Murano ? Hey, she likes to feel connected to others who watch the soaps and reality shows as her, I feel a connection with other Murano owners (even if they don't notice me).

I do have to admit once I waved to a guy next to me at a light and my girl said... your not even your car. Whoops... so the guy thinks I dug him... o well.
I did this awhile ago when I just got my Mo (03, for the first 6 months) and surprisingly the other MO drivers wave back...
These days, Muranos are so common that everytime i wave, the other MO drivers stare with a confuse look...In the end, I gave up the routine.

Not the case with my miata. Everytime i bump into another one, i wave and got a warm response . Or the other driver(s) wave first and I response ;) . Miata has been out for a while right? since 1989 i believe ...

Definetely a noticable differences in the enthusiasm of the owners, I observed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Uhmmm...

SugarRushMurano said:

I did this awhile ago when I just got my Mo (03, for the first 6 months) and surprisingly the other MO drivers wave back...
These days, Muranos are so common that everytime i wave, the other MO drivers stare with a confuse look...In the end, I gave up the routine.

I have to agree. Around here you barely even get eye contact with drivers, much less MO drivers. :confused:

I figure if people we more active on the forum (or even knew about it), we could get a great group of friendly MO owners.

A good friend of mine has a Miata, and she's part of a local Miata car club. Miata owners dig their ride! :2:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yeah, the exclusive factor is fading.......fading.....gone!

That was fun, but the Murano is a pretty common car here in FL now.

And yes, when I had my Miata (1999-2001), I waved and everybody waved.
Same with my Corvette (1988-The White One). Wonder if that is still true? There's a car that has been in production for over 50 years.

I wonder what the "motivation" is for waving?
Bentleys are rare, but they don't wave......:D

Homer

·
Registered
593 Posts
hfelknor said:
I wonder what the "motivation" is for waving?
Bentleys are rare, but they don't wave......:D

Homer
They roll down the window and ask each other for Grey Poupon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's what I liked about motorcycle owners (back when I rode)...it's almost like a kinship you have with anybody else on two wheels, and just about every time I passed another motorcyclist going the other way, we'd wave to each other, even though I was a dork on a crappy 250cc Honda and half the other guys were hardcore Harley riders.

I've tried waving to other Murano owners around here in SLO town, but I've only received a response once.

It's sort of too bad that the Murano's are more common now...hopefully they won't become like Camrys were in the 90's...

·
4,664 Posts
Same here, actually other Murano owners would be waving like crazy when I first got mine. But it had only been out for two months, so you know it was only enthusiasts that had them at that point. Or lucky people with excellent taste that happened to come into the dealership at the right time!

I gave up too. No one waves anymore.

Riding a motorcycle as well, I know that wave... Riding a bike is a bug. Once you've been bit by the riding bug, it's in your blood for life. It's something we all share.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts