Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my June 22 PC Magazine and the After Hours column discusses "Car Tech."

Thought the last sentence in the "Automatic Manual Transmission" section was interesting:

What's next: Smoother shifting for all and the introduction of continuously variable transmissions (CVTs) in heavier cars.

----------

...but no mention of the Mo, which already has it, definitely rate as "heavier", and was out long before the deadline for this article.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not meaning to step on anyone's toes with this comment, but....what do you expect from computer geeks? :p

On the other hand, the June issue of Road and Track had a brief mention about the Murano and the CVT in one of the articles.

So....I guess it all depends on where you hang out - or what magazines you read.

Dave

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

The guy supposedly writes for a BMW magazine, too.

Heck, he mentioned all sorts of other cars as examples of this cool technology and that.

·
4,664 Posts
The real computer geeks are the ones writing the code that allows a CVT to even work with higher HP's... I would buy the team that wrote the code for the Murano's transmission (at Jatco, not Nissan) a drink, just in return for the incredible job they've done.

:7:

As far as journalists? Yeah well, they're just trying to make a living. Some of them are actually good at it.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts