Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Sandarm's back up camera in his '06 Murano, it's stuck in my mind, as it's such a great solution.

I did a search (good boy jaak) but I can't seem to find a picture of what it looks like on the display. Anyone know where I can find one?

There's markings to help align the vehicle and I'm wondering if that's in the camera itself or inserted elsewhere in the video path. But I'd buy a Murano camera for my Magnum if it's in the camera!

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh great, I post this and what do I see up at the top?

Sniff, sniff... I miss it. (Not enough to trade back, but enough that I want both!)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jaak - anytime you come to Chicago you can drive our Murano as long as I can come to Toronto and drive the station wagon. ;)

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh... You guys are the best... I'll be in Chicago in the spring, are you anywhere near Arlington Heights?

I went to pass someone on the highway and floored it. A couple of seconds later when I was past them, (if that, it seems...) I look down and I'm doing over 110 MPH. Oops! They weren't kidding when they said this thing will do 165-170 Mph.

Thanks zebelkhan. Those little lines really help when backing up. I was really impressed by Sandarm's '06!

Now for something funny, I just noticed...

The Murano's rear bumper is curved. Look in the picture. It looks straight, but you can see the floor is distorted.

The Magnum's rear bumper is straight...

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, right over top of it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jaak,

You have an SRT Magnum? How do you like it compared to the Mo? I’m thinking of getting a Charger SRT8 in a couple of years if the Mitsubishi Sportback doesn’t pan out like the concept.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do I like it? Well I'm here with the SRT8 Magnum because I wanted to go test drive an R/T Magnum with the 5.7 litre Hemi to find a good reason to keep driving my Murano. I love the Murano and I'd see the Magnum and figure, eh, it's a Dodge, it will suck.

Well the whole thing backfired on me. To make a long story short, I drove the R/T, then a 300 Touring for a couple of days, a Magnum SXT, the SRT8 Magnum and that's the end of it.

I did want a Charger at one point, but the reason I needed the Murano is the same reason I need the storage of the Magnum.

The 300/Charger/Magnum are the same car. SRT8? It blows my mind how good it is...

·
Registered
92 Posts
:) Thats what I figured. I went from a 99 Cougar to the Mo since no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a child seat in the back. Now while I have love my Mo and it has been nothing but great I miss slaming through a turn (without the kids of course) and have been thinking of something with more ooomph. At the moment my criteria is that it can fit 2 kids with some cargo space and has 4 doors.

Wife has a wagon and is dead set on a minivan next so I need something to counter the negative minivan vibes. 425hp sounds about right. :D Now if I can convince the wife and scrape up the cash, they are a tad more than a loaded SE.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even the R/T is pretty nice with it's 350 HP and the MDS which saves a bit on fuel.

I plan on keeping this one a long time, plus I've been looking at old hot rods. This addresses all my needs, so I figured for the long term, the SRT8 is a bargain. Which it is, when you look at the upgrades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts