Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a OEM color screen for my murano but I was thinking that maybe i would want to be adding a back up camera is there a way to find out if the color screen is set up to add the back up camera ?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
BP-

What year is your MO?

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
BP-

The color screen is not a simple plug-n-play swap. You will need to also replace the DCU (Display Control Unit) to power the color screen.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
BP-

I, too, plan on attempting the mono-to-color screen upgrade, possibly this Spring.

I purchased the screen on eBay a couple of years ago, then last summer I picked up the DCU and harness from a member here. If the spirit moves me, and I find the time (and I can track down an errant oil leak) I hope to add the project to my Spring to-do list.

BTW, I apologize for not answering your original question about the rear camera. :redface:

Good luck!

-njjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice…. thats ok

Thats the other thing that i am going to need is the harness.. what is the exact name of it I am looking to get one. or can one be made?

Because from what i was seeing it looks like other were just splicing into the factory wires correct ?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
BP-

The harness I was referring to is actually the connectors with a few inches of wire from each one. I will still have to locate and splice the appropriate wires into the main harness.

When you source your DCU try to get the connectors. They cannot be purchased individually.

The "real" harness is part of the main ($$$) harness.

-njjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok i see what your saying is there any way that you could snap a picture of it and post it so i can see what i am looking for ? also where would i be able to get one of those harness?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Yes, I will snap and post (once I figure out how on the "new" forum) some photos once I get back to the house. Possibly tomorrow.

If you are sourcing your DCU from a freshly wrecked MO I suggest you request the salvager leave the connectors on the DCU and clip the wires as far from the connectors as possible.

-njjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok sounds good..

ya thats the thing he is doesn't have the connector on it just the screen and the DCU

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
njjoe just wanted to know if you ended up snaping a picture of the wire harness that i need for the color screen swap?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so i don't really feel like doing the orange to color screen swap at the moment. But i am looking to add a back up camera (that shows the screen in the rear view mirror) to my car and have the screen come up on the rear view mirror. now Im looking for a camera that will fit where the OEM one fits don't know which one to get?? (any suggestions) or seeing if maybe there is a way that i can connect the OEM camera to the rear view mirror screen so like that i know that it will fit in the spot just fine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts