Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this a few times and meant to post it but never got a round to it.

When backing to a wall you will notice in your rear view mirror two intense vertical lines of light on the wall from the reverse lights that slowly come towards each other as you back towards the wall. I have found that if you stop right as the lines meet, your bumper is about 6 inches from the wall. Depth perception is really funky in the Mo, it always looks like you are closer than you are, even if you turn your head and look.

Of course, mine has a hitch with a draw bar sticking out of it so I get to go till it bumps the concrete wall in our parking deck--the bumper still has 4" of clearance.

Just an FYI
:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Interesting.

I'd like to believe the lenses on the back-up lights were designed in such a way as to produce the vertical lines you speak about. And that when the lines converge the bumper is 6 inches from the surface.

I would really like to believe that. It's a great idea.

But I don't believe the Nissan engineers assigned to the MO project are that bright nor that creative. I only wish they were.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
andy said:
what if the wall is imperfect?
:2:
What if the wall was mirrored?:crazyeye:

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts