Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 backup camera all of the sudden stopped working. I still have reverse and tail lights when shifting into reverse but all that comes up on the display is a Black Screen with the caption at the bottom saying "Always look Behind you when Backing Up". Also there is no Green, Yellow or Red Distance Images overlaid on the screen. Since I have reverse lights, I kinda ruled out the Backup Light Relay. The car has no other issues other than the blank screen when shifting into reverse.

I check the connection at the camera, everything looked fine. I also checked the voltage at the camera with the car running and in reverse, I had the blank screen and read zero voltage at the camera. Looking at other posts, I should have seen 6 volts at the camera.

In the System Diagnostic Menu, I seen an error saying "Rear View Camera Connection Error 10". Also in AV COMM Diagnosis under "C Rx(Rear Camera-ITM)" the status is UNKWN and Count is 0. All other signals in this menu are "OK". I searched through other posts with the same issues and no one really got to the fix for this problem. Doing some other web searches, a few people pointed out replacing the Camera Control Module. Does anyone feel replacing the Camera Control Module would fix my issue? Also, where is this module located.

Other than a trip back to the dealership, I'm not sure what other troubleshooting I can do to narrow down the list of potential causes.

Thanks in advanced!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The camera control module is located in the right rear side of the trunk, you’ll have to pull the carpet back.

I replaced my camera first with a used one from a wrecked Murano that I found in a junkyard for about $10. I installed it but it was still showing black, I went back on the forum to see if anyone else was having this same issue but mostly people didn’t have reverse lights or brake lights but I stumbled across one. He was asking if that would fix his problem.

After that, I searched for used ones on eBay after the dealership was asking too much, eBay prices ranged from $40-$60 vs dealer $300. So I went back to the junkyard I got the camera from and got a camera module from the same wrecked Murano for $14. I installed it and was worried about it having to be programmed but I plugged it in and the camera was working again.

I hope your’s is the same issue because you can do this yourself in less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for your help!! I seen a few on eBay, I just have to cross reference the part number I have.

When you say right rear of the vehicle and pull back the carpet, are you saying it’s under the carpet of the wheel well or is it under where the jack is stored?? I don’t want to remove panels that are unnecessary because one can never get to fit right again....lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry, I just went back and looked into the trunk, you have to remove these first.

The bottom left one is just a clip, You can remove with a flathead screwdriver, it has a small insert to put it in.

The bottom right one, you can remove it with a screw driver or 10 millimeter socket. It’s covered so you will have to unclip it from the bottom.

The charge port, you will need to spin counter clockwise and it will come out and you will need to unplug it so you can pull the carpet more.

You can access it after that, if you have anymore questions, just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got you now!!! I’ve been looking in the wrong spot, looks easy enough to get too. Once again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talk about a hard place too get too and after a few choice words about the engineers at Nissan, I was able to get too the module. Now off to eBay or the junk yard to find a replacement.

I’ll keep you posted if the module fixes the issue. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the Camera Control Module!!! Got one on eBay for $50 and installed it, working perfectly!! Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just purchased the same car and the backup camera wasn't coming on either, the warning came up but not the picture. We changed out the module under the dash by fuse box, still no picture, tried a used camera that we bought off EBay for $ 83, still no picture. Bought a used parking assist module, part # 284A1 1AA0A, It's located in the rear panel on the passenger side in the back by the tailgate. Unplugged the old one, plugged in the new one, and tada! The camera now works!! Hope this helps everyone, the used part cost around $50, new they are over $500. Do a Google search with the part# I gave, a lot of them come up from wrecked cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The camera control module is located in the right rear side of the trunk, you’ll have to pull the carpet back.

I replaced my camera first with a used one from a wrecked Murano that I found in a junkyard for about $10. I installed it but it was still showing black, I went back on the forum to see if anyone else was having this same issue but mostly people didn’t have reverse lights or brake lights but I stumbled across one. He was asking if that would fix his problem.

After that, I searched for used ones on eBay after the dealership was asking too much, eBay prices ranged from $40-$60 vs dealer $300. So I went back to the junkyard I got the camera from and got a camera module from the same wrecked Murano for $14. I installed it and was worried about it having to be programmed but I plugged it in and the camera was working again.

I hope your’s is the same issue because you can do this yourself in less than 30 minutes.
How did you access the module?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts