1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pretty cool.... We have the camera in our '06, but I know my wife wouldn't mind my putting in in my truck for her...

Thanks for the posting...

I wonder as well, if it is something that stays on, is switched on by the reverse lights, or you need to push a button every time you reverse.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not Available

I had a old buddy of mine that lives in McKinney TX check for me on his lunch break
and according to the saleman that they were out and they were special order only... (hummm not what the ad says)

Anyway, I hope you have better luck than had. I wanted to get one for my CR-V that my daughter drives now.

So much for that idea, maybe when they become more available I will find one.
I think the only down side of this unit is it only a 2.5" screen, which is a little small.
But what do you expect for $99... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Not Available

wa4qfy said:
I think the only down side of this unit is it only a 2.5" screen, which is a little small.
But what do you expect for $99... :rolleyes:
That plus it say's it is color..... the only t.v. (about 2.5 in.. you could get for even $150 was b&w

·
Registered
33 Posts
installing rear cam to s trim with con pack

Hi all, I white MO 2006 S AWD with convenience pack. I want to get the reverse cam and use the stock screen. Can this be done? Also, I want to get fox lamps any one know if it's pre wired?

I'm LOVIN my MO!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi arsou812

Yes, I do know of one way of using the stock screen is get a video converter. (see my previous postings) http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7770

What it basically has is 2 video rca inputs. The second input mainly is used to hook up a backup camera. When the unit detects 12v on the backup wire, it automatically switches on to video 2. Hence hook it up to your backup lights.
Right now I’m just using it for a second video input since I already have the backup camera. I hooked up a switch in series to the fuse box, and when I want to switch to video 2, just turn on the switch...(the wire then sees 12v)

I got mine for $220 shipped. Let me know if you have any more questions, I’ll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. I know this forum is a bit shy about video converters and direct audio link questions since I’ve been waiting for over a week on one of my Pac AAI question. Anyways, I gave up waiting for an answer and ordered one on-line anyways, hoping that it'll work when I install it…lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks! do you where does the camera get mounted?

Also, do you know if the S is pre wired for fog lamps?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not know about the prewire fog lamps, but as for the camera question...
you'll have to buy a external camera on top of the video converter. i've seen camera that they sell which mounts on your license plate (like a frame). do a search on ebay for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks for all you help. I do have an additional question.

well ok, 2 questions

What video inverter to buy and where to get it, I saw you previous posting but couldn't find where to get it.

Also, are there good instructions for how to wire it into the car?

06 Murano C convenience package
Glacier Pearl, Cafe latte interior

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alas, no the S model does not.

I have an S with convenience package, it comes with standard audio with 1 CD player, 10 way power drivers side seat, cargo net, privacy cover, and rubber mat for the back.

No rear camera, no fog lights. I couldn't afford to go to the next model, but I can afford to upgrade aftermarket, but I want to use the stock screen and also want to install fog lights but want to use the stock controller, but the S does not have the fox lamp option on the controller. I'll probably have to switch it out, but I don't think it's possible unless its pre wired. Any advice is accepted.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My bad. It's a Canadian thing then, as we only get the SL or SE, with the only options being sunroof and AWD on the SL, and only NAV on the SE.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok here's the converter on e-bay. the seller's name is navtool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nissan-Murano-N...ryZ48605QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
since this is the cheapest snap in module that i found on the interenet, they really didn't have "good" instructions. quality is just as good as the tv nav 2 go. but i'll guide you to what ever you need.
after i found out how to wire the thing, the longest time i spent on was finding a place to ground the thing. nothing needs to be cut, and if i decide to remove it later, you can't even tell if it ever had a video converter in the car. let me know if you decide to get it and i'll walk you through the video converter part.
as for the camera, here's one i found on ebay also
http://cgi.ebay.com/License-Plate-N...ryZ32826QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
you are on your own for the camera, since i didn't have to get one...remember to ask a lot of questions to the seller!

·
Registered
10 Posts
07 Murano

Hi,
I am looking to do this on an '07. Your links are no longer availble to see on Ebay. Could you help point out a couple current ones and if there is any pointers on doing this to an '07?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure where to get them on ebay anymore since it's been a while. but according to;
www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7770
you can ask jaak, apparently he just bought his recently. as far as getting a video converter to show it on the 07 screen, you can buy one from the tv and nav 2 go banner.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Just install an aftermarket type with a 3.5" colour screen. I use it for hooking up my trailer; that way I don't have to get out to see the ball and hitch.
I got mine from Canadian Tire for $99 CDN and it is wireless signal. The camera is powered by the reverse light and the monitor just sits in my arm-rest compartment until I need it and is powered by the socket in there. Here's what mine looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Here's the view of what my camera sees on the Monitor; the actual image is much cleaner than this photo. Kind of amazing for wireless. Perfect for my needs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Very nice. I've been wanting to get something exactly like what you have, BikerJohn. And for the exact same reason, hooking up a trailer! :)

What brand/model is it? The only ones that I've seen like that have been close to $200.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Excellent. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts