Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to go with the bumper sensors and got this item from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7921583250

The silver color is matching exactly the sheer silver of my MO. It really looks like an OEM installation. The remote is wireless and is small enough to fit wherever you want. LED display shows both left and right sides distinctively and beeping sound is optional using a small button on the remote.

I installed everything myself but the sensors. I decided to have them installed because of my fear of damaging the rear bumper. The cost of the installation and the sensor was $100 total.

The installers told me that my gadget was more precise than most OEM ones he saw. It is actually very sensitive to low obstacles and I am super satisfied with the accuracy of the range display and beep sequence.

Highly recommended!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Where did u get it installed at?

Nissan dealer?
Local mechanics?
Mainakee/midas?
Local body shop?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well only the holes were drilled and the sensors installed (with me helping in the shop) at a local radio installers shop. I was afraid that Nissan technicians (and even my friend working there) would not have the "aesthetic" skill to perform such a job (precise measurements, drilling using a safe method (using masking tape, etc...).

The rest I did myself. This particular set of sensors is inclined in a perfect angle for the MO bumper. They really are straight once properly aligned. The information is clear and very precise. I am quite impressed for such a bargain price!

The control box was located beside the driver's side toolbox beside the spare tire (right beside the rear left side light assembly). It fits very well there.

I also spent a few hours preparing the installation of the Infiniti Basslink. I'll post pictures of everything soon.

I am currently working on another small project and will report on this as well. I intend to make the rear passengers step light work as the front ones (but in red).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts