Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a backup sensor system on my MO. Being that there are so many of them out in the market, Can anyone suggest any brand name or model ?

In addition can anyone post the wiring diagram of the tail light assembly, in particular the backup lights ? Also pls. post the diagrams to dissamble the tail gate & bumper area.

Appreciate,
:cool:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
A couple of us have the Infared Unit Auto Park 2000. It mounts on license plate frame and I connected mine just behind the plate where the backup light power is. Suggest a search for words like I used here and you will find good info for hookup. ALSO do a google on the product. Mine worked fine. GRIP :D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I know that i promised the forum to take pictures on this autoPark 2000 install...

I have been busy and on wekeends, the weather are not so permitting (brrr, cold) . My Apology

·
5,100 Posts
Nothing much to dis-assemble. Drill hole behind license plate for wires. Mount auto park on lower edge of license place cover. angle down about 20-30 degrees, Use short bolts with nuts to hold auto park bracket with no need to go into vehicle. Bolts go thru bracket, transparent plate cover and plate. Run all 4 wires thru drilled hole, open small cover inside hatch behind plate, use voltmeter to determine which of the exposed wires goes hot when in reverse. Hook up power as required to park unit, mount speaker on little cover, replace cover. ALL DONE . GRIP :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
You drilled a hole in your Murano? I was going to drill a hole in the license plate, then run the wires behind it and up through the handle and into the interior of the hatch.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I didn't drill any hole.

There's an unused nut & bolt right behind the plate. I undid that, ran the wires through and used plumbers putty to seal the gap. I retained the bolt in case I ever need to plug the hole up again.

I couldn't find any reason for that bolt to be there. It connected nothing to nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard of the Autopark 2000 that uses infra-red sensors. Other types use microwave radar like sensors. I am wondering which kind of sensor is better (in terms of sensibility, reliability, durability ....) ?

Can you tell me which live wire supplies e- to the backup lights ? How does it look like and what color is it ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
felixc said:

Can you tell me which live wire supplies e- to the backup lights ? How does it look like and what color is it ?

Thanks.
Felix,

Not a whole lot to it...

I unhooked the liner and followed the instructions included with the Auto Park.

The reverse light is 3 inches from the license plate.

The black wire is the ground, the other wire is hot.

The Auto park includes connectors that tap into the wires, so the hooking up part is pretty simple.

Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just hooked up mine.

Wires were as follows:

G/W (green/white) = reverse
B (black) = ground

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someone here said that you can take the bolt out that's behind the license plate. Unfortunately to get to that you have to take the whole interior trim panel off and i didn't want to do that (i think taking panels on & off just leads to more rattles). So I (like GripperDon - i think), drilled a small hole (1/4") right underneath said bolt and fished the wires through. I could access everything through the small access panel. Now i just have to angle it down a bit and play with the range adjustment.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
VRSCA said:
...you have to take the whole interior trim panel off and i didn't want to do that (i think taking panels on & off just leads to more rattles).
Taking off the panel is really easy. Just push the centers on each of the round clips in, Round clips will pull right out. Then start at the bottom of the panel and separate it from the gate without bending or twisting - In otherwords, pull streight. The panel is secured in place with a few more clips. on the sides and on top corners. Just be very carefull with the top corner clips (near the center of the window on each side.) They need to be pulled streight out. I made the mistake of letting the panel hang from them and one of them twisted and broke off. However, no rattles from it even after I put it back with one broken clip.

·
5,100 Posts
That angleing the unit down is very important for good sensing see pic. The pic is poor but you can see that I trimmed the back edge of unit so that when mounted on bottom of plate holder it was down about 20 to 30 degrees. I did not remove the inside of the hatch only fished thru the little access door panel

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to install a backup sensor system on my MO. Being that there are so many of them out in the market, Can anyone suggest any brand name or model ?

In addition can anyone post the wiring diagram of the tail light assembly, in particular the backup lights ? Also pls. post the diagrams to dissamble the tail gate & bumper area.

Appreciate,
:cool:
Remember that on the factory system theres' a button molded into the dash to turn the unit off. you would have to buy a new dash for it to look factory. call up your stealer's part department, they can give you a part number real quick. I'd reccommend you buying the kit online though, you will save alot of money...
Due to the cost between kit vs extra sensors, it may be cheaper to just buy 2 kits. You can switch these if you would like, but you would need to get a rotary switch for phone line use. Could be done.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Wait, let me help out here... we just need to change the title of this thread to "Ignore this 2004 post". :p

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Neat is a spammer. Embedded in his post was a link to an on-line automotive accessory store.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Well, his post sounded helpful and legit...until I got to the you would need to get a rotary switch for phone line use part...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Funny!!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts