Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm planning on purchasing and installing backup sensors for my Mo. I'm looking for the drill-in type that mount on the rear bumper, similar to the ones MO Dale installed here.

Anyone have any experience with these, or can anyone suggest better ones? I think that 4 sensors would be the way to go, and I'm looking for only an audio indication and not the LED display.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/backup-sensor-Land-Range-Rover-Discovery_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6779QQitemZ8001664966QQrdZ1

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi jason

I've got a set of six sensors sitting in the storeroom waiting for my MO to get deliver. It should be another two weeks before I can do the installation.

THE SET that I got off eBay is very similar to yours. My wife felt uncomfortable not able to see the front of the car when she test drive the car so I thought might as well install the two front sensors while I do the back four. I have a set of four sensors in my current car but those are factory fitted so this will be my first set of after market sensors. I really have no idea how good or bad this set will perform.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
FastEddy said:
I just saw that GoRhino has a tailor hitch mounted step with a backup sensor built into it. Has anyone used this?

http://www.gorhino.com/sensor-step.html

For me, I would like to have the sensors but refuse to be drilling into my rear bumper.
I took a look at the Sensor Step from Go Rhino. It's a pretty slick set-up. It's pretty affordable at $90 for the black version. I would be curious to see what it looks like on the MO. I am afraid it might be at the same level as the exhaust, and depending on the width of the bar it may block the exhaust.

-njjoe

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good points.
Ill toss an e-mail out to them and get some measurements. Wonder if they offer it in an offset? Maybe dropped down an inch or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts